missymaymaddie
MrYellowElmo

Should students who don't successfully finish highschool be conscripted into the military at age 21?

Started: 1/24/2014 Category: News

missymaymaddie

Con

I believe students who don't successfully complete their secondary schooling should not be conscripted into the military. I look forward into seeing what my opponent thinks of this issue.
MrYellowElmo

Pro

i would like to start off by saying that i am barack obama and i like chicken. you're next.
missymaymaddie

Con

I am hoping my opponent will be realistic. :D

First of all Nobody should be forced to join the military, potentially making them have to do acts of violence against others. It creates inequality of individual welfare by harming the ability of federal government to provide adequate medical treatment to its wounded soldiers. It is unfair for these uneducated people to be thrown into the line of fire without having any options. The don't even have the option of retaking specific courses to be something other than a military soldier. You are taking away the persons freedom of what they choose to be in life. Life is about making your own choices not changing your whole life just because you failed and are being forced to be a soldier. It also harms a military's ability to adequately protect its soldiers in armed conflict by reducing the quality and training of its soldiers.

For now I rest my case.
MrYellowElmo

Pro

MrYellowElmo forfeited this round.
missymaymaddie

Con

missymaymaddie forfeited this round.
MrYellowElmo

Pro

MrYellowElmo forfeited this round.
Posted by missymaymaddie 3 years ago
missymaymaddie
Im sorry if my opponent didnt have time for this debate. I also was fairly busy. I apoligize.