CookieMonster9
coolcatdog23

Should sugar filled foods be allowed in school(s)?

CookieMonster9

CookieMonster9

Pro

I am Pro for this argument.

I will clear terms first before stating rules:

sugar filled foods; anything that has sugar in it

School; a place of learning during the day

Rules go as stated:

Round 1) Acceptance
Round 2) Opening Arguments
Round 3) Arguments/ Rebuttals
Round 4) Arguments/ Rebuttals
Round 5) Ending or wrapping up points from your side (no more arguing or rebuttals)

Rules) Use proper grammar ( you instead of u etc.)
No cussing or rudeness about stuff in debate or in comments ( will be ignored by me)
coolcatdog23

Con

i believe sugar filled foods such as cookies, candy, Snapple, etc, should not be sold in school. America is known most for having obese people in the country, then why should we promote that and encourage kids to buy this sugar when we want them to be healthy for the future generation? America is facing a crisis because of our EATING HABITS. Sixty million adults (20 percent of the population) are OBESE. Nearly 300,000 people die each year from complications associated with being OBESE or overweight, according to http://www.scholastic.com.... We should be the first state/country( New York/ America) taking actions to protect our future generation from becoming obese. Unfortunately we have been beat by New Jersey, what a shame! According to http://www.scholastic.com...: School is where children spend most of their time, and it is where we lay the foundation for healthy habits. That's why New Jersey is the first state to adopt a comprehensive school nutrition policy that bans candy, soda, and other junk food. If you go to school in New Jersey, YOUR vending machines and school stores, along with the a la carte lines in your cafeterias, will no longer be able to sell snacks that are high in fat and loaded with sugar. Items that list sugar as the first ingredient will be eliminated and snacks will contain no more than eight grams of total fat and not more than two grams of saturated fat. Also, sugar leads to a lot of problems in life such as becoming hyper, diabetes, health issues, and many more problems.
Do Americans know how to stop this problem or are they just lazy?
CookieMonster9

Pro

I see what you are saying but I think you have the wrong idea about what specifically we are debating here. The title is quote "Should sugar filled foods be allowed in school(s)?" This debate is on if sugar filled foods are allowed at school at all, including the kids bringing it. And as said in Round 1 quote "Round 1) Acceptance." You started debating in round 1 and that was against the rules that I put down. Since you did that a) You should get docked down when voting comes. b) I will start rebutting since arguments have been made. Now that I have gone through that I will begin my points

Sugar filled foods should be allowed in school:

1) First amendment

By not allowing kids to bring sugar foods to school you are taking away their first amendment rights to eat what foods they want, if it causes obese or not. It may not be good for them but you shouldn't be able to control the idea of if a kid on his way to school wants to get a pack of Oreo's for lunch that he can't in fear of getting in trouble with the school.

2) Everything has sugar

There is no way to as I said in the first round while I was clearing terms, get rid of sugar filled foods. Everything has sugar in it. If you are at your house go into the fridge. Grab a bag of carrots and look at the back of them. Those carrots have sugar in them too. There is no way to get zero sugar.

3) Sometimes it's all they have

If a kid is in a family that eats lots of unhealthy foods sugar food may be the only thing that a kid can grab before school starts. By banning foods that means that that certain kid that wanted to get food for lunch won't be able to eat anything.

4) Rebuttals

I see what you are saying with this but I have to look at some of your sources. Most of these sources are not aimed for children, which is what this debate is about. quote " Sixty million adults (20 percent of the population) are OBESE. Nearly 300,000 people die each year from complications associated with being OBESE or overweight, according to http://www.scholastic.com....... ". This source has nothing to do with kids, this is based on quoting from the quote above "adults" and "people". Adults are not children and people may be children but it doesn't say children and if there are children we don't know how many are children and how many are adults, so both of these facts that I stated have no help with this topic.

As I wrap up my arguments and rebuttals I wish my debater the best of luck and please read the rules stated in round 1 before going at it again. Since you broke one of the rules the debate has to take a slight angle, which means to change up the rules a bit. Instead of making opening arguments second round you can rebut and argue at round 2, but remember that round 4 (supposed to be round 4 my bad) you have to end the argument (no new arguments or rebuttals). We will see how this goes then. If we need to we can extend into another debate if you want.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com...
coolcatdog23

Con

coolcatdog23 forfeited this round.
CookieMonster9

Pro

CookieMonster9 forfeited this round.
coolcatdog23

Con

coolcatdog23 forfeited this round.
CookieMonster9

Pro

(ending debate) Vote Pro.
coolcatdog23

Con

coolcatdog23 forfeited this round.
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
I have sent the debate to you.
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
ok so we can start that.
Posted by coolcatdog23 1 year ago
coolcatdog23
umm sure whatever u wanna do I guess we could start a new debate on something
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
FVI (for voters information) this is not my title debate. My opponent was debating this before with someone else.
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
wonder if we'll get any voters
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
Except I have only one rule that I want us to go by. We have to literally copy and paste the rounds going up to round 2 where you forfeited. Then at your round 2 you start arguing what you would have done if you were not on vacation.
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
So we have two options here now. We can just let this go or we could make another debate and just go off of that one since you were on vacation and I was sick. Your choice I am fine either way.
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
Okay
Posted by coolcatdog23 1 year ago
coolcatdog23
Sorry was in vacation in FL
Posted by CookieMonster9 1 year ago
CookieMonster9
I would like to be forgiven for my forfeit I have bronchitis and was too sick to debate at the time.
Vote Placed by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
CookieMonster9coolcatdog23Tied
Reasons for voting decision: More forfeits by Con + rules breach.