Austin1111
Mikal

Should taxes rise on fatty foods.

Mikal

Austin1111

Pro

I believe taxes on fatty foods should rise. One because then people will stop buying so much of it. Then they should lower taxes on "Healthy Foods". By doing this people will buyer healthier foods. After people start eating better foods the average weight in America will greatly lower.
Austin1111

Pro

It makes you fat and then everyone thinks you are ugly.
Mikal

Con

Different types of fat

There are many different types of fat, good fat and bad fat.

' Fact: Trans fats and some saturated fats are bad for you because they raise your cholesterol and increase your risk for heart disease. But monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are good for you, lowering cholesterol and reducing your risk of heart disease. "[1]

Good fats can include things like nuts, olive oil, soy milk, and fish. Most of these also have protein in them. Trans fat is bad fat and can include things like candy whole fat.

Omega 3 is also another good fat. It helps your skin, hair, and can even reduce risk of heart disease. [2]

So my adversary saying all fatty foods are bad and the prices should be raised is false. I am going to break down his contention at the start and show not all fatty foods are bad for you

I have shown how some fatty foods are good and that negates his contention at its core. I have been on Omega 3 and eat nuts all the time and I like to think that I am in good shape and health.

I have been down to 6 percent body fat at one point and could run a two miles in under 13 minuets constantly. Fat can be good when you portion it right and eat the right kinds. My adversaries contention is false and the resolution is negated.

[1] http://www.helpguide.org...
[2] http://www.webmd.com...
Posted by TheAntidoter 3 years ago
TheAntidoter
I should totally Vote in Ausin1111's favor.

Look at that premise tho.
Posted by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
All the voters are girls (minus KP). Coincidence? I dont think so. I wonder why
Posted by LittleD 3 years ago
LittleD
Raising a tax on a food is purely asinine. Firstly, and most obvious, is that raising taxes on fatty foods would 1) limit personal freedoms, and 2) make a standard be set for what would and would not be considered fast food. While you, as you clearly believe from your argument, assume that it is morally "wrong" for people to be fat, should realize that that is your personal life. By raising taxes on something as petty as a "fatty food" it is opening a gate way to taxes on any other item that you yourself might consider bad. Secondly, you would have to set up a standard to decipher what is and what is not fatty foods. While some foods might have a high concentration of fats(ex. walnuts), they might very well be better for you than a low calorie, but high sodium meal. This once again, allows the governmnent another outlet for control. Sure, it seems like a good way to make a healthy America, but in reality regardless of raising taxes, those few cents that you added on to the end of a happy meal is not going to matter to someone who would rather have that over preparing a healthier meal. Rather, it would have a negative outcome.
Posted by Jabuticaba 3 years ago
Jabuticaba
What happened to the last round?
Posted by liberal17 3 years ago
liberal17
Hey I like Wendys! Go con!!!
Posted by TheWoodOre 3 years ago
TheWoodOre
What about the people who can only afford cheap fatty foods
Posted by judeifeanyi 3 years ago
judeifeanyi
Is that mikal? Pro is off. Anyway, if you check the deficiency of fat, you will have no reason for which to increase the tax.
Posted by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
7 points to Con

Pro automatically lost arguements due to Con being Mikal
Posted by Xovar 3 years ago
Xovar
I agree for so many reasons.

1: Healthy body= health minds, which means our society will be much more brighter than the disgusting piece of rubbish it is.

2: Programs that run health related tasks will be improved.

3: ' You Are What You Eat ' -Gillian Mckeith.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Austin1111MikalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Con presented arguments.
Vote Placed by bluesteel 3 years ago
bluesteel
Austin1111MikalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro doesn't really make an argument. Con makes a good case for "good fats."
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Austin1111MikalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made just a couple of sentences while con gave some great resources and good points in his case. So he wins this debate!