fatheroftwo
Ozzyhead

Should teachers be held accounatble for bullying?

Ozzyhead

fatheroftwo

Pro

My child bring his own lunch to school, there is another child who keeps taking his food, and pulled his shirt from his collar. I informed the teacher of the issue and that I was going to email the superintendent and principle that I did inform her about the bullying, so not to be surprised if she was to be contacted be either of them. she then said not to do that as a personal favor (she doesn't want that target on her back) so to speak I can inform the principle but let's leave the s.i out of it for now. I said okay but however if the problem persist I will be holding you accountable. The very next day the principle confronted me saying that I threated the teacher and I was not allowed to speak to her with out the principle there. (in front of all the other parents).
Ozzyhead

Con

The teacher should not be held accountable for the bullying of a child. The parents of the bully ought to be held accountable first, followed by the bully themselves. Children that are at the age of being able to bully others are at the age to be held accountable. Also, depending on where the children eat lunch, the adults as well as children witnesses should be held accountable as well. Remember, we are taught you are just as guilty if you witness bullying and do nothing about it. The teacher already has a lot on their plate, and quite frankly, the teacher can't stop it even if she tries. The most she can do is separate the children, but even then, when the teacher isn't looking, the bully will find a way to commence bullying.

Since you are new to this website, I would like to suggest that you don't use arguments from emotions and personal experience, as the DDO voting community is brutal, and only care about the facts.
fatheroftwo

Pro

I agree that there are steps to follow, from parents to child to teacher. however she is responsible for my child when he is in her class. She said she will fix the problem. If problem is not fixed would I be able to hold her accountable then?
Ozzyhead

Con

I do not believe holding the teacher accountable is okay. The school, yes. The teacher, no. You may not know it, but handling bullying is a difficult job and it requires a whole different amount of training to take care of. You can't just punish a child. A child needs to understand why what they did is wrong. Punishment for parents and teachers should not be step one. Education of the problem is step one. It's the same thing with telling a child to say "sorry". You should never tell a child to say they are sorry. If they do not understand what is wrong with what they did, and what sorry means, then they do not learn anything. If a child does not say sorry on their own, then they don't mean it. Also, the bullied child should be held responsible. If the child is being bullied, they should tell the closest adult at the time. Not wait until they get home. People have not grasped the idea that children are able bodied people. Sure, they have a lot of learning to do, but they aren't disabled and they have a voice. They should use their voice for their better
fatheroftwo

Pro

fatheroftwo forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Moving forward
fatheroftwo

Pro

fatheroftwo forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Moving right along

But first, I am a 19 year old guy who is not a father. I am just going off of what I believe.
fatheroftwo

Pro

fatheroftwo forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Vote as you wish
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
fatheroftwoOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture