bookworm83
zhangwn

Should teachers give more help to kids who go unnoticed in a classroom?

bookworm83

Pro

I think yes because when I was in school, I had trouble with certain subjects. I got low grades. My teachers didn't help me or do anything. One even didn't care. I think that when I am a teacher, I will make sure kids get the help they need because all students should be helped to get the best education.
zhangwn

Con

Due to the nature of the topic/resolution, Bookworm83 has the burden to prove that the topic should be applied to all teachers.

My opponent did not specify an age group, so he or she should do so in the next round. The age group is important because younger students (and especially children) require more attention.
Keep in mind that my opponent has only stated his or her opinion on the subject and personal anecdote about the matter. My opponent has not yet provided a logical argument for why shifting attention to unnoticed students might be a good thing.
Contention 1: Giving more help to students who go unnoticed in the classroom means giving less help to students who are noticed. A teacher's attention is limited and as such needs to be divided accordingly. Attention should not be taken away from the academically enthusiastic students in order to accommodate for the "unnoticed" students.
Contention 2: Just because a student goes unnoticed in a classroom does not mean that the student is struggling in the class. While this is true for my opponent, Bookworm83 should not and cannot generalize this to other students. Academically successful students can be quiet, and shifting attention to students who are unnoticed may take away from the students who need the attention.
Contention 3: Students who are in middle or high school are expected to be responsible enough to go to the teacher for help, not the other way around. Responsible students can ask questions about a topic they do not understand during class; a teacher should not have to seek out students who are performing academically poorly just to help them.
bookworm83

Pro

bookworm83 forfeited this round.
zhangwn

Con

zhangwn forfeited this round.
bookworm83

Pro

bookworm83 forfeited this round.
zhangwn

Con

I apologize for forfeiting my previous round, but all of my arguments can be extended into this round.
Please vote Con.
bookworm83

Pro

bookworm83 forfeited this round.
zhangwn

Con

Again, advance/extend all arguments.
bookworm83

Pro

bookworm83 forfeited this round.
zhangwn

Con

zhangwn forfeited this round.
Posted by Khana 1 year ago
Khana
It's a shame, too, because I'd have really enjoyed watching this debate. It's a painful one - teachers have a massive responsibility, and a very limited amount of resources (time being one such resource) to spend on the students.
Posted by ImaRealMeanie 1 year ago
ImaRealMeanie
And... con won.