Krisha
Sandy8

Should teachers give out homework after 8th standard?

Sandy8

Krisha

Con

Maybe or maybe not.. I feel not because after std 8 children are enough grown up so as to learn and study on their own.. Whats your opinion??
Sandy8

Pro

I am more than happy to accept this debate. I will be arguing that teachers should assign homework after the 8th grade (8th standard) and children are not mature enough to learn and study independently when entering high school.

First off, many adolescents do not take school work seriously, and homework is the only way that they bother to study. Teens mainly spend their adolescent years learning about relationships, friends, and other social aspects of life. Homework is usually the only thing that keeps teens from completely forgetting about their education. Only very few students in high school enjoy homework and going to school, but unfortunately not everyone is like them. Some people don't pay attention in class or bother to study on their own, so when forced to do homework, that is when they understand the lesson and study without realizing it. Even in high school people don't pay attention. Even after middle school, the students are still maturing. Students in high school sill need homework to practice everything they need to know for college and to focus on their education.

Secondly, when students finish the 8th grade, they do not automatically grow up and learn to study on their own. If they didn't like homework and studying in middle school when it was mandatory, why would they choose to do it on their own in high school if it's optional? Teens at that age tend to focus more on friends, relationships, and drama more than education. Many leave their homework because they were on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or they were at the mall.

Lastly, teens do not grow up after middle school. They still learn more about society and the world. If being forced to do homework is the only way teens will be able to keep in touch with their education, it should still be assigned in high school. Teens don't like homework, so if it is not assigned, even if it's after the 8th grade, they will not be mature enough to study on their own.

I excitedly await my opponent's response.

http://www.livescience.com...

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com...
Krisha

Con

Krisha forfeited this round.
Sandy8

Pro

I am sad to see that my opponent has not made their argument. Nevertheless, I will continue my argument.

Homework is meant to give a student more practice on a certain subject. It is also to show the teacher what the student is struggling with. In high school, a student still struggles with certain lessons. Some students will try their best to understand, but most will need practice. Being the high school students that they are, it is highly unlikely that they will take the initiative to study and learn on their own. Therefore, homework would be the only way for them to learn: by force.

I argue this with hope that my opponent will reply. I eagerly await a response.
Krisha

Con

Krisha forfeited this round.
Sandy8

Pro

I am a little disappointed in my opponent's forfeit. I was hoping for a more fun debate.

I have made my argument and I was hoping to add more to it given my opponent's response, but now I cannot do that. So I will wait to see what happens next, hopefully my opponent will reply.
Krisha

Con

Krisha forfeited this round.
Sandy8

Pro

Seriously??? I would appreciate a real debate please! (Although it's a bit too late for that)
Krisha

Con

Krisha forfeited this round.
Sandy8

Pro

In the last round, I usually thank my opponent for the debate, but I am questioning whether I should do that considering
(A) it doesn't really seem like a debate and
(B) I'm not sure if my opponent will even see it.

So...err...ummm...thanks for...the easy win? :/
Vote Placed by Themoderate 4 years ago
Themoderate
KrishaSandy8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Foreifit