ilovechicken
Clarinetology

Should teachers have the right to carry around weapons at school?

ilovechicken

Pro

I believe that teachers should have the right to carry around weapons (ex. guns, mase, etc.) because there has been an increase in school related killings within the past 2 decades than there have ever before. If more teachers carried weapons, they would be saving more lives, and it could later in life, lead to less school related attacks.
Clarinetology

Con

Hello to all! I would like to thank Pro for uploading this debate. I hope this will be a good experience for me as this is my first time using this site. I accept this challenge and look forward to the interesting arguments that will be used. I disagree with Pro's point because, this would give the impact on students and parents that school is not a safe place for their kids and that solving a gun issue with guns won't work.
ilovechicken

Pro

ilovechicken forfeited this round.
Clarinetology

Con

Clarinetology forfeited this round.
ilovechicken

Pro

I respect Cons opinion, but I think if anything, the parents and students would feel safer to be going to school with teachers whom can protect the children.
Clarinetology

Con

While Pro's perception of this is interesting I fully disagree. Would skill be more like a prison if you must be waved in at the point of a gun? This would create tension and imagine the destruction that could happen if a student happened to get a gun? There could be mass panic especially if this individual was violence. In places like Australia where gun laws are incredibly strict, the percent of murder is practically non-existent. Added guns would not make people feel safe.
ilovechicken

Pro

I understand what Con means, but I live in America where there have been a lot of school shootings recently because intruders held guns and the teachers didn't. Also America and Australia have 2 different ways of life. Just because a gun restriction helps in Australia doesn't mean that it will help in America. If people were restricted on bringing guns anywhere in America, they would think that it was against their right as an American citizen, and unconstitutional. Teachers are more responsible than students, therefore they would keep the guns in a specific place so it would be protected from any violent students and accessible for the teacher in case a shooting does occur. The students wouldn't be waved into the classroom with the gun but more so knowing that they are protected in case an intruder comes into harm them, then they can rely on their teachers. If students and parents look at it more as though they are being protected ratther than being inside of a prison, they would respect the idea of having guns to save more lives as compared to those that would have been lost.
Clarinetology

Con

Clarinetology forfeited this round.
ilovechicken

Pro

ilovechicken forfeited this round.
Clarinetology

Con

Clarinetology forfeited this round.