llama212
Controverter

Should teachers have to go through psych evals every 2 years and before they start new position?

llama212

Pro

I truly believe teachers should have to have psych evaluations before starting a new teaching job and every two years there after. The amount of news reports I've heard and read of teachers losing it or doing stuff that puts students at risk is way more than I should be. Teachers the world over have tough jobs and the pressure of it can make some crack. That's why compulsary psych evaluations in all schools would bring out potential risks in teachers and get them help they need. No one would be above it either from the principal down to the P.E teacher.
Controverter

Con

1) Why every two years?

2) Why at all?

3) Why teachers, as opposed to people of every profession.

4) Where will the money to subsidise the psychiatric evaluations come from?

5) If the answer to number four is anything related to income tax that why is this a bigger priority than the things already subsidised by Government?

Many questions.
llama212

Pro

To be honest two years just sounded like a good number to me but another reason is it would work out cheaper too.

The reason I think they should have to go through psych evals is because I have just heard so many stories of teachers doing things to students that just doesn't sound like something sane people would do. Also teaching students is a very stressful job and this way if any potential risks for the students and the teachers themselves can be spotted sooner and they can then get the help they need.

As I pointed out above a teacher is dealing with quite a bit of stress and also is the carer of children at the same time too. If I was a parent I would like to know the people looking after my children are of a sound enough mind.

I will admit the cost of this I haven't quite figured out myself which is a flaw to my argument but you mention income tax well the priority is that teachers are helping molding the minds of tomorrows generations and making sure those people who are caring for are children are well enough to do it.
Controverter

Con

It seems that the basis for it being every two years is simply the Proposition's impulsive decision based on no scientific fact whatsoever.

Teaching is stressful indeed and teachers have admittedly done criminal acts but is it more stressful than the work of a CIA agent? Is it more prone to insanity than an Army General? Is a standard office job where the paper work is about three times as much as a teacher's not MORE stressful and in higher population of workers therefore meaning that we might as well analyse people of every single profession based on the reasoning behind the proposed argument and this would indeed be severely impractical as who analyses the analysers? Who is the psychiatrist to the psychiatrists, who have a far more stressful job than teachers since they are dealing face to face with people who are clinically deemed extremely difficult to deal with on a daily basis.

There is no proposed financial gain and this would be a ridiculous proposition as if people of every profession are being analysed it would mean the income tax is coming from the analysed and we might as well revert to privatised, optional analysis which is what is present in today's society.
llama212

Pro

llama212 forfeited this round.
Controverter

Con

Demolished.
llama212

Pro

llama212 forfeited this round.
Controverter

Con

Victory is mine.
Posted by yuiru 4 years ago
yuiru
Should? MUST!