Fantasticgal
DjDoug

Should teachers limit homework, for kids with busy afternoons, and students have worked all day?

DjDoug
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

Fantasticgal

Pro

Kids have been working their tails off with school work, only to come home and work some more. Should there be a limit in homework because of working, tired kids, and those who have busy after school times? Soon, kids will turn into robots because of how exhausted they are. I believe that home, is where a kid can relax, and not have to do SO MUCH WORK.
DjDoug

Con

I will take the con side and argue that homework is an important and vital part of the student education, and should be given to students.
Fantasticgal

Pro

Yes, students need work and sometimes, extra help. However, there are extra after school clubs for help, and tutoring. But when students need to learn, that's what school work is. Some teachers could give more help, because some teacher aren't as good at teaching lessons.
DjDoug

Con

Homework is a very vital piece of the education system. Homework allows teachers to see how a student is able to handle the work outside of the classroom and can see how they are able to process the information and apply it. This also helps teachers know where a student is struggling so they can tell which material needs more review and practice. Yes, and I can say as a student homework is sometimes challenging and hard but it teaches another important lesson that sometimes you will be faced with a hard task and you are going to have to learn to handle these types of situations, such as in the workplace where you will have to solve many problem that you may not be able to get help on and these early learning experiences will help you in your future career.
Fantasticgal

Pro

Understood that teacher use homework to see where kids are at. But isn't that also what school work is for? And plus, most of children's afternoons are spent with sports, clubs, or family stuff that sometimes (mostly all the time), get in the way for kids to do homework. It's also extremely unhelpful due to the fact that kids have been sitting in chairs all day, writing.
DjDoug

Con

While school work can show how students do, the students also need to learn the material and splitting class time would limit the amount of time the teacher could teach the subject and would have to spend even more time spreading the lesson out. Also larger schools don't have the benefit of the teacher being able to help ever student independently but by using homework if the class is struggling on a similar subject they can tell to work more on that subject. Also addressing the sports and other activities,while I know it is not pleasant we have to do work and we will be for the majority of our life. By prepping kids early they are able move into the work environment even more smoothly. I know it's not pleasant and can be difficult, but homework is one of the necessary evils in our life.
Posted by Fantasticgal 1 month ago
Fantasticgal
FanboyMctroll, if you are choosing to vote for me, you must go to the "vote" section. Your vote will be gladly appreciated. Thank you everyone and DjDoug for this debate. I had a good time!
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Good debate!
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 month ago
FanboyMctroll
I can vote anyway I want, it's my vote.

I vote for Fantasticgal, her arguments were more precise and detailed
Posted by SupaDudz 1 month ago
SupaDudz
fanboymctroll.

you can not vote based on opinion. You must vote based on the requirements
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 month ago
FanboyMctroll
Sorry, I still agree with 100%
Posted by Fantasticgal 1 month ago
Fantasticgal
Lol thank you! However I am a girl
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 month ago
FanboyMctroll
sorry forgot to include this lol

(MIC DROP)
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 month ago
FanboyMctroll
I agree with Pros comment completely, if I was going to start a debate on this matter I would totally agree with him. So my vote is in already, I don't need to see the debate, I know exactly where I stand on this matter by 100%, therefore Con will never convince me on this matter because I'm not sitting on the fence on this topic.

Pro's got my vote, therefore it's already 1-0 Pro!!!
Posted by LogicalPen 1 month ago
LogicalPen
@FanboyMctroll, your comment is naive. You are already confirming your vote when both sides have only posted their claim and have no evidence. Basically, your vote is biased.
Posted by Fantasticgal 1 month ago
Fantasticgal
Thanks :D
Vote Placed by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
FantasticgalDjDougTied
Reasons for voting decision: Same reason as SupaDudz's!
Vote Placed by SupaDudz 1 month ago
SupaDudz
FantasticgalDjDougTied
Reasons for voting decision: " Some teachers could give more help, because some teacher aren't as good at teaching lessons." This line in the debate is ultimately going to vote CON. If a teacher doesn't teach well and you ask your parents for help on something, the homework will be helpful for the parents and the students to learn. This claim discounters everything the PRO says due to this. This claim can also go against the CON as well because of his reasoning is that they can see if students are struggling. That claim is false. Tests and standardized tests see how a student learns as homework they can cheat as it's homework. Lots of little mistakes that led me to vote CON. PM me with any questions.