Mitchthatsnotawitch
DarthKirones

Should teaching be in classrooms of large amounts of people?

Mitchthatsnotawitch

Con

This is a debate about, well, you know. these are the rules:
the first round is for accepting
the last round is for the summary
have fun darth
DarthKirones

Pro

Very well.

Your move
Mitchthatsnotawitch

Con

Mitchthatsnotawitch forfeited this round.
DarthKirones

Pro

Well, it appears Easter is a bad time to debate as you are the second person to forfeit a round in 2 days!

Argument #1: Socialization

I must ask, when you were in school, did you have friends? Friends that you only would have known because you shared a class? Well, if there were only schools with classes with only a few kids would you still meet those kids? Maybe at recess, but you would be interacting less with those kids. Plus the few other kids in your class might bully you or simply be unsociable. Do you want kids coming home everyday saying "I have no friends" Do you? I don't think so.

Another aspect of this is how important social skills are. Think they are unnecessary? Think again. Imagine this: You are 21 years old. You have a loving family, a great education and a degree from university, now you have to go and fend for yourself out in the great wilderness known as life. Because of all the hard work from your studies you have opportunities that most people do not. You are heading for a job interview. The job pay's well and to think that you are going to ace that interview, but when you are in the interview you make a complete fool of yourself and you accidentally insult the interviewer and you don't get the job but you can't see why? You have amazing grades and you work hard, but that's not enough in this great big world. You have no social skills. That is why you failed.

See what I mean? Do you want our upcoming generations to be jobless?

I await your response
DarthKirones
Mitchthatsnotawitch

Con

DarthKirones

Pro

Another forfeit?!? OK

Argument #2: Efficiency

Alright, I admit. One on one teaching is the most efficient way to teach. However, can we do one on one with every child on the planet? Nope. There are 2 billion kids world wide and still growing. To get teachers for all of those kids means 2 billion teachers. That is more then half of the total world population. And think of the ungodly cost. You need books, writing materials, paper,shelves and other things. Plus what if the teachers are stupid? Do we want incompetent fools teaching our next generations?

Thanks
DarthKirones
Mitchthatsnotawitch

Con

DarthKirones

Pro

What a shame, I hope you will at least post one thing in the conclusion
Mitchthatsnotawitch

Con

DarthKirones

Pro

Sigh.... Again, nothing?

Thanks for challenging me

DarthKirones