BeastwithPurplePants
threecreation

Should teen pregnancy be promoted by television shows and is becoming pregnant at a young age smart?

BeastwithPurplePants

Con

I honestly believe that putting pregnant teenagers on a television show is will only succeed in making it seem as an OK idea to get pregnant at a young age. Teen years are meant to develop a persons character that will help them actually decide if they are going to want a child in the future. Becoming pregnant at a young age will slow the development of a person's emotional growth, and it will make them parents way earlier then they need to be. Putting all of that on a show will only cause many other teenagers to think that its alright to become pregnant at that young of an age.
threecreation

Pro

lisen up, im a teen dad and i love babbies . because someone see's on tv that someone has a babby doesnt mean that they will have babbies to.
BeastwithPurplePants

Con

BeastwithPurplePants forfeited this round.
threecreation

Pro

com back hear and fight me pusey
BeastwithPurplePants

Con

threecreation

Pro

threecreation forfeited this round.
Posted by Emmo 4 years ago
Emmo
i'd like to argue the first part not the second one, but then again conceding is not something i believe in. Can i argue that it is smart to let young age watch shows that promote teen pregnancy and therefore?
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 4 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
Yes, but that, unfortunately, means nothing. I think I'd be compelled to arguing the effects of media in general and maybe a bit less when limited to the issue of how it affects teen pregnancy. However, if clarifications are made and nobody's accepted this debate by the time it's about to expire, I'd probably accept the challenge.
Posted by effimero89 4 years ago
effimero89
Women have traditionally been getting pregnant at a young age, especially in other cultures...
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 4 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
The way it's worded seems like Con would like Pro to argue BOTH, but I'm simply making sure.
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 4 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
I don't intend this to sound offensive in any way, and I certainly hope it won't be interpreted that way, but I'm a bit unsure what your authority is in determining what the Instigator would like for the Pro to argue. Are you suggesting the most probable possibility or otherwise?
Posted by StevenDixon 4 years ago
StevenDixon
Yes, pro would be arguing that it's smart to get pregnant young, with the burden of proof on them....
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 4 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
So, will Pro be arguing that it's smart to get pregnant young or is Pro arguing that television would promote/discourage teen pregnancy? I'd like to know what I'm arguing before I actually argue.
Posted by StevenDixon 4 years ago
StevenDixon
Pretty sure teen mom isn't promoting teen pregnancy.
Posted by Skeptikitten 4 years ago
Skeptikitten
Funny, but we have the lowest teen pregnancy rate in the US that we've had in 70 years.

Many teens say the train wreck that is shows like "Teen Mom" have made them more aware of how careful they should be.