swaveysc1
Qsi

Should teenagers be allowed to vape hookah pens ?

Qsi has forfeited round #2.

swaveysc1

Pro

So I've been looking around on the internet looking for reasons as to why people are against nicotine free hookah being used by teenagers and I have yet to find a good reason to be against it.
Qsi

Con

E-Hookah pens claim to be tobacco-free. They contain a smaller assortment of chemicals, and are generally deemed safer than smoking. I agree; vaping and E-Hookahs are pretty much certainly safer than smoking cigarettes or actual hookahs. Hell, smoking is a habit seemingly designed to cause as much long-term damage as possible. I have no doubt vaping will prove less harmful.

WILL prove.

In the end, there are simply too few studies that show that regular vapor inhalation of propylene glycol (an important chemical in vapes giving them the smoke like appearance and flavoring) or VG is not harmful in the long term. There are plenty of studies demonstrating their short term safety and acceptable toxicity levels, and I approve of them replacing commercial cigarettes in the current market. For adults, those who are already legally allowed to smoke, all there needs to exist is a reasonable case that E-hookahs are safer than what is already available. Not safe, but safer. However, when you factor in a teenager's increased risk of developmental defects in the face of physical and chemical stimuli, I believe that more research needs to be conducted before these products can be safely marketed/sold to children. In that regard it simply is not enough that E-hookahs be safer than cigarettes, and even that has not yet been demonstrated in the long term.

Thank you for your time.

REFERENCES:

1. Cotta KI, Stephen CD, Mohammad NU. A Review on the Safety of Inhalation of Propylene Glycol in E-cigarettes. Glob J Pharmaceu Sci 2(2) : 555584 (2017).

2. ADDENDUM TO THE TOXICOLOGICAL PROFILE FOR PROPYLENE GLYCOL. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry Division of Toxicology and Environmental Medicine
swaveysc1

Pro

First off I wanna thank you for answering, I didn't think I would get any response at all lol. But continuing with the debate. The research behind propylene glycol being inhaled isn't really all that conclusive from what I looked at. But really I do agree that the PG used in e-hookah should be tested before selling it to teenagers. I disagree when you say "when you factor in a teenager's increased risk of developmental defects in the face of physical and chemical stimuli" Because of PG being used in foods and inhalers, which we give teens. From my perspective teens drinking soda and eating fast foods can have a more negative affect compared to nicotine free hookah pens.
Posted by Nataliewardwood 8 months ago
Nataliewardwood
Im dirty minded but not dirty in general xDD lol
Posted by Cute_Pirate 8 months ago
Cute_Pirate
well it hink you are a dirty person for smoking!
Posted by Nataliewardwood 8 months ago
Nataliewardwood
In my opinion I agree (pro). I think that if you are at least 16 and older it should be legal as long as there is not nicotine.