Disa6060
republicofdhar

Should teens be able to express themselves through the way they dress at school?

republicofdhar

Disa6060

Pro

I think teens should be able to express themselves through the way they dress at school. Everyone is different, everyone expresses themselves differently and everyone thinks differently. Teens should not have to wear uniforms or follow a strict dress code. Teens should wear what they want to school, as long as it is not very explicit.
republicofdhar

Con

I accept. As a teenage student in a school with a uniform dress code, I am happy to take the Con side. I hope that this will be an enlightening, productive and enjoyable debate.
Disa6060

Pro

In my opinion. I feel that a lot of teens are outspoken and can't find a way to express themselves, dressing freely is a way for teens to express themselves. But if uniforms have to be worn, then teens will start to keep to themselves or become antisocial because schools are strict when it comes to the dress code.
republicofdhar

Con

Since I have only 500 characters, I will only address Pro's point. Credible studies have actually shown that a free dress code contributes more to antisocial behaviour such as crime, rebellion and bullying in school and that a dress code solves this. The links to these studies are below.

If Pro is interested, I would like to offer an invitation to him/her for an extended debate on the topic, with a count of more than 500 characters.

References:
1. http://bit.ly...
2. http://bit.ly...
Disa6060

Pro

Disa6060 forfeited this round.
republicofdhar

Con

I am very surprised indeed, and rather indignant, that my worthy opponent has forfeited her round, given that she has instigated this debate. I was looking forward to it with great anticipation.

Notwithstanding, I would like to reiterate the point that uniform dress codes contribute more towards antisocial behaviour than settings with non-uniform dress codes. I extend this argument to my next round, and maintain hope that my opponent decides to return.
Disa6060

Pro

Disa6060 forfeited this round.
republicofdhar

Con

Oh, who am I kidding. Disa6060 is going to forfeit the whole debate, isn't she?
Disa6060

Pro

Disa6060 forfeited this round.
republicofdhar

Con

I know that a normative debate topic necessitates a shared BoP. I only ever had enough characters to rebut Pro's claim, but inherent in the rebuttal is an argument against a uniform dress code. I reiterate that a free dress code encourages antisocial behaviour.

I conclude that teens should have a uniform dress code. Vote Con.
Posted by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
Thank you also for your comment, futurehooper.
Posted by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
That is very poetic indeed, cheyennebodie.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
If you think that dress or outward appearance will let people know you, you are mistaken. Not till you open your mouth and speak will people know who and what you are.

If you are young and have not figured this out.that man's 2 strongest desires are , to love and be loved. And to know and be known.And dress will not do that. That is why falling for outward appearance will only cause heartache.
Posted by fututehooper 2 years ago
fututehooper
I think teen should be able to express themselves through the way that they dress. Nobody is the same, and I'm pretty sure that no one wants to look or dress the same. Being able to express yourself through the way you dress is a positive thing.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
To try to make yourself different by what you wear is ridiculous. You could all dress alike and each of you would be unique individuals. All of us were born different. And the intent should be scrutinixed. If your intent is to offend someone with your clothes., that just shows a lack of maturity, and should not be allowed on school grounds.

I was working and there was a young guy came in that had all kinds of rings all over his face, I asked hoim why he did that. He said, " because I want to be different." I said, " you were born different." There is no one like you anywhere. He did think on that, I could tell by the look on his face.He just was never told that and it had never dawned on him that all that mess will not make him different, just goofy looking.Just my opinion.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Disa6060republicofdharTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiure
Vote Placed by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
LDPOFODebATeR0328
Disa6060republicofdharTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.