tennis47
ellielynch21

Should teens have curfews?

tennis47

Con

Heyyyyyy, it's me again! I want this to be a fun debate, so we don't get all pissed at each other....... This round is for accepting!
ellielynch21

Pro

Teens should definitely have curfews. Teens are in so much trouble today with the risk of getting involved in drugs and underage drinking that we should do anything to prevent it. A curfew can be a good thing because studies show that most crimes happen at night. A curfew could prevent teens from getting involved in those crimes, witnessing or instigating. Also, if teens had to be back at a certain time, they would be able to finish their homework and get a better night's sleep so they can pay attention and generally be better in school. Parents should teach teens about what's really important. If teens constantly believe that parties are more important than grades, then their grades will drop significantly and will continue to become worse in school
tennis47

Con

Hey, I said THIS ROUND IS FOR ACCEPTING! Also, when I said curfews, I meant curfews given by the government!

So, you know how you said that teen curfews prevent teens from getting involved in crimes? Well, numerous articles by credible sources such as the National Centre for Policy Analysis, the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, and the US Department of Justice all unanimously agree that curfew, in fact, does NOT lower youth crime rates of any kind. Also, maybe if parents taught their kids the right way, maybe the teens wouldn't NEED a curfew! It seems to me that if you need to talk to your kids about curfews, then you've already lost the battle of parenting.

Anyways, good luck! :)
ellielynch21

Pro

ellielynch21 forfeited this round.
tennis47

Con

If teens have curfews, then won't that just give them a better reason to sneak out- the thrill of disobeying parents.

Good luck! :)
ellielynch21

Pro

ellielynch21 forfeited this round.
tennis47

Con

Numerous articles by credible sources such as the National Centre for Policy Analysis, the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, and the US Department of Justice all unanimously agree that curfew, in fact, does NOT lower youth crime rates of any kind. Also, maybe if parents taught their kids the right way, maybe the teens wouldn't NEED a curfew! It seems to me that if you need to talk to your kids about curfews, then you've already lost the battle of parenting.

That's it,guys! :)
ellielynch21

Pro

ellielynch21 forfeited this round.