abasler029
fire_wings

Should teens have iPhone before they are a teen

fire_wings
Started: 2/10/2016 Category: Technology

abasler029

Con

The reason they shouldn't have phone before the age of 18 is because kids and teens get to reliant on there phones and technology to help them with there every day needs even though they don't. It also can disrupt their education and disrupt others who are trying to learn. They text in class instead of listening to the teacher. They use the phone to call and text people instead of actually socializing and interacting with actual people.
fire_wings

Pro

I accept. My arguments will be in the next round.
abasler029

Con

ok lets get on with it then
fire_wings

Pro

I thank my opponent for his arguments, and lets get started

Framework

BoP is on Con, he has the burden to prove why children should not have a IPhone before they are a teenager. I will be making 3 rguments, one is emergencies, and the second one is that a Phone can be educational, the other one is that it is useful, and I will make my plan. The plan is that you can lock some apps with a special app. I will explain more of this later, and I will go onto this later. I will not go on my rebuttals

Definitions

Phones: a telephone [1]

Okay, lets think of what IPhones have. They have calling, texting, music, games, educational games, internet, etc.

Argument 1: Emergencies

As I said in my definitons phones have calling. Lets think of one example. You are lost in the city. You don't know where things are. Well, that is a bummer when you go to your home. You can't call the police, your mom, or look at the maps to see where you are. There are many reasons to have a phone, and it is to be safe. A phone can make you call people when you don't know where you are, and come get them, texting also. You can look at a map in your phone. Con might say that you can buy a map, but then be realistic. Almost no one or know where gives or sells the things that looks like a GPS. However, you have everything in a phone. That is why you need a phone, for safety and emergencies.

Argument 2: Educational

My opponent says that it can distrupt learning, certaintly, but that will be mentioned in the counterplan. My argument is that phones can be educational. As I said in the definitions, there is the Internet. Also there are educational games. Phones have lots of info. in them, so they are educational, making teens who need to learn good.

Argument 3: Useful

Almost everything in a phone is useful. You can search many links at the Internet, play brain games, search in dictionaries. There are much more benefits of actually having a phone. Because phones are very useful, children should have it before they are a teen.

Counterplan 1: Lock

There is finally a app in google play where you can download it and pick certain games with password. So this makes them not play, and if the parents let them, the parents can unlock the code. This is a useful way, and good way so that they don't play games, and they are safe with a phone.

[1] https://www.google.co.kr...

Thank you, vote for Pro!
abasler029

Con

abasler029 forfeited this round.
Posted by BenJWasson 1 year ago
BenJWasson
Why would it be bad if teens were reliant on a small amount of things involving their phone? Are you saying they aren't going to have a phone when they're older?
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
If its before they're teens they wouldn't be teens. Change your title as it's quite contradictory.
Posted by abasler029 1 year ago
abasler029
I know I don't want them to ban phones I am just saying that they shouldn't get a phone until they are a teen or older.
Posted by ThewordofGod 1 year ago
ThewordofGod
Phones are useful for emergencies as well I may add.
Posted by ThewordofGod 1 year ago
ThewordofGod
Don't ban it, teach them how to use it properly and not to get overwhelmed by it. Banning things rarely works. And if you do it to your child without the rest of society following suit, then the damage may be greater due to the child being left out.
Vote Placed by CodingSource 1 year ago
CodingSource
abasler029fire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture, conduct to Pro. Con has grammatical error in his argument, spelling and grammar to Pro. Pro is the only one who presented a proper argument, arguments to pro. Pro is the only one who cited a source to back up his claims, sources to Pro.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
abasler029fire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro cited a source; Con did not. Con forfeited a turn.
Vote Placed by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
abasler029fire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff. The lives and safety of kids outweighs the potential disruption of the classroom and education. It is truism that lives outweigh that, thus arguments to Pro.