J_Michael234
TheDarkMuffin

Should teens over 13 be allowed to buy and play 'M' rated Games

TheDarkMuffin
Started: 5/24/2013 Category: Technology

J_Michael234

Pro

Studies show that most teenagers will use violent and M-Rated games to vent anger(1). This is a positive way to vend unlike some teens that may drink, smoke, or cause physical damage to others. 2 thirds of boys play M-Rated games regularly and over 1 fourth of girls will play M-Rated games on a regular basis. Therefore, kid prefer M rated games and use them a mental stress and anger reducers.
TheDarkMuffin

Con

I believe my opponent's argument is that those aged over 13 should be allowed to participate in buying video games, that are rated Mature by the ESRB system, for themselves. I strongly doubt that this would not be the case.

True to my usual debating methods, I will first rebut before I make my own argument.

"Studies show that most teenagers will use violent and M-Rated games to vent anger(1)."

It is my belief that my opponent intended to cite a source here. Specifically, this source: http://www.theregister.co.uk... One I have also read.

I will take all that as true.

However, I don't believe buying video games should be the future at all. I believe we would gain much more by submitting to simply buying the license for the game. I do believe playing rated M games would be beneficial to the human race. We even use it to treat PTSD*.

However, that's as far as I'm willing to concede. Half of the argument my opponent has presented is agreeable with me. We should "play 'M' rated Games." Buying them? No.

By only buying the license of these games, community is more developed and encouraged, a more structured relationship between corporations is established, and cultivation of a game beyond its release is also heavily encouraged. It also means that more independent games are shared and more independent video game groups are able to flourish and prosper.

I will allow this argument to manifest more in following rounds.
J_Michael234

Pro

J_Michael234 forfeited this round.
TheDarkMuffin

Con

If my opponent fails to say anything in the following round, I will allow more to be said in my argument as a rebuttal and conclusion to whatever points my opponent may bring up, as well as prove that all my stated points are correct.
J_Michael234

Pro

J_Michael234 forfeited this round.
TheDarkMuffin

Con

How unfortunate. I'm sure my opponent was occupied with other matters (playing Rated M games, perhaps).

I won't make new arguments that my opponent wouldn't have any chance to rebut and that would be unfair. Also, what I said in the previous round made no sense. Disregard that.

Um, vote Con. :)
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 3 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
Very long voting period.
Posted by jdog2016 3 years ago
jdog2016
you posted the same thing 3 times WTF?
Vote Placed by utahjoker 3 years ago
utahjoker
J_Michael234TheDarkMuffinTied