ashley9716
Lupricona

Should terminally ill patients have the right to doctor assisted suicide?

Lupricona

ashley9716

Pro

I think that you should be able to pull the plug if your terminally ill and you know that you are not going to get better. Some people say that you should never end your life because it's so great but i think you should have the option because some people that don't have the decision wouldn't want that. I know personally a 16 year old boy that his mom made the decision for him and i don't think that it was right for her to say his decision. I think everyone should be able to chose because it's their life, there choice.
Lupricona

Con

I agree with Pro that there are definitely sad situations where people are terminally ill and will probably be miserable up until the point of their death. I know that people wish for the desire for doctor assisted suicide to be able to end that misery.

The issue, though, is that if we did allow this procedure, the most difficult part of it would be determining where to draw the line as to how bad a patient has to be before they are allowed the right to suicide. Most terminal illnesses have treatments that make life bearable, and the medical field is continuing to advance everyday.

So, yes, we can most definitely look at singular cases where we might believe suicide to be a fair option, but opening that up to allowing anyone would arise to many depressed patients abusing that option. It's an idea that ultimately would cause more harm than good.
ashley9716

Pro

ashley9716 forfeited this round.
Lupricona

Con

I extend my argument.
ashley9716

Pro

ashley9716 forfeited this round.
Lupricona

Con

Lupricona forfeited this round.
ashley9716

Pro

ashley9716 forfeited this round.
Lupricona

Con

Lupricona forfeited this round.
Posted by ashley9716 3 years ago
ashley9716
Come on everyone, please join the debate tell me your opinion i'm writing a paper for my friend, RIP, and i need your opinions for a survey and points to help me out. I have to prove that i'm right, and what happened was wrong.
Posted by ashley9716 3 years ago
ashley9716
I just don't think that someone who is in so much pain should have to go through that, they boy that i know, not releasing any names had a stroke and lost the left side of his brain and then he had another stroke and lost it all, if he would have lived he would have been on a machine for forever and he would have been had to be taken care of for the rest of his life, and that's just not something that i wanted for him, neither did his family i'd assume. he wasn't able to make the choice himself but i know that if was able to make it, he'd take the doctor assisted suicide, everyone should have a say in THEIR life, because it's no one elses.
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
You know. I could never make up my mind on Assisted Suicide... Every argument I think of is simply contradictory than my believes, regardless of which side the argument supports....

The thing about the 16 year old boy is just terrible though...
Vote Placed by MrJosh 3 years ago
MrJosh
ashley9716LupriconaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeit; spelling and grammar for obvious reasons; arguments because CON actually made one.