Debateatron
DudeStop

Should the "C" average/ no fail rule for eligibility to participate in extra-curricular activities b

DudeStop

Debateatron

Pro

I'm not the best debater but here I go. Not everyone is meant to be a doctor or a scientist. Some of us are not lucky enough to be as smart as them but we strive in other areas like sports. Some of us are meant to be athletes but we cant do that if our intelligence is interffering
DudeStop

Con

Mate,
You need to know some things for life. Such as spelling and grammar. Also: What if you don't become a Star Athelite? Who would even want tohire you if you have no education? If you call yourself an athelete, realize that it's a slim chance you will be in Olimpics, NFL, etc.
1. It is not illegal to drop out of high school in US.
2. If you are dedicated to working out a lot, then you will find the time: My school day is 8 hours. I believe that is the average around the world, (Though it may vary with lunch hours) You then get to go home, do homework for an hour or two, then do whatever you want to. And if you have to work, then choose a job that involves physical Activetys.
Debateatron

Pro

You put up very good arguments, but what if not only I but others that want to per sue there dream of becoming an athlete but cant do it because although we are good athletes we aren't the brightest kids. Also if you don't become a star athletes you can fall back on jobs that don't need as much education but more physical requirement. (ie. Yoga instructor, Fitness Trainer, Etc.).
DudeStop

Con

As one can see in your profile you are 15. You are in high school. It is legal to drop out of high school. If you want to do that then go ahead, ruin your life. If you get injured, have fun.
In middle school you shouldn't work out anyways, if you get to much muscle at a young age then it affects your growth.
Yet again there are things you need to know for the life ahead. Who wants to hire a fitness instructor with no education? I would go with the one who has education. School also helps kids social life as well. You interact with your peers and make your friendships.

"You put up very good arguments, but what if not only I but others that want to per sue there dream of becoming an athlete but cant do it because although we are good athletes we aren't the brightest kids"

There is enough time after a school and in fact during school to work out. Don't lie. You won't be able to spend a whole day working out and training. And if you can, you are not working hard enough. Pe class or gym is a time in school to get active.

The point is, you will have enough time during school and after school to work out. When you said not I but other may want to do this as well, I didn't really care as I had covered this in a previous argument. It apply sot them as well.

Make good choices
Debateatron

Pro

Thanks for the Debate. I'm going to debate this topic in front of the school for a class assignments and before I actually did it I wanted to get a view on what my opponents rebuttal might sound like (That is why I had a pre-debate, To prepare me for the real thing) I actually am one of the smarter kids in my school. I didn't get the liberty to choose my topic but I had to work with what I had. Again I appreciate your time would like to thanks you. Wish me luck.

Sincerely,
High School Valedictorian
P.S. I thought that you had some very good arguments and points. Just FYI I actually want to be a Software Developer :} when I grow up.
DudeStop

Con

Yeah man, bye
Debateatron

Pro

Debateatron forfeited this round.
Debateatron

Pro

Debateatron forfeited this round.
DudeStop

Con

Anyways... Vote Con.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
I guess you could call this a more "Casual" debate.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Oh sorry, didn't see the message before ai responded. I'm 13.
Posted by ssingh0247 3 years ago
ssingh0247
I think if you want to get a scholarship then you should have to get a 3.0 because these days anyone can play a sport and and barely make it in academics. And honestly our education system needs to be reformed because teachers spend the beginning of class talking about their personal life which we don't care about then spend another ten minutes or so telling kids too be quite. Most kids these days aren't even serious about getting an education and they spend to much time focusing on how they look and becoming popular and prom. Prom is a joke most kids get drunk and go to parties after wards and that's why America is one of the dumbest countries in the world because anyone can graduate these days and most kids complain oh I hate school or I hate doing homework or I hate going to practice. Some kids just do sports to become popular. And teachers don't do enough to help their students and our work is too easy but people still fail. As far as for eating healthy in school yeah right the food they serve is crap. P.E. is a joke because all you have too do is dress out and barely try and ASB is just for the so called popular kids. That is what I think of our education system kids need to spend more time in school and parents need to be more strict.
Vote Placed by Emily77 3 years ago
Emily77
DebateatronDudeStopTied
Reasons for voting decision: I loved the irony of a debate filled with the importance of basic like spelling and grammar, when it was pretty atrocious on both sides.