divyanka2111
Elkyriaze

Should the Government Be Given to the Aboriginals in Canada and U.S.?

divyanka2111

Con

I think that although the Aboriginals founded Canada and U.S. and it rightfully belongs to them, it's too late to give the entire government to them. This would be crazy, the entire system of the country would collapse and the country would plunge into the depths of doom. Reservations are stupid and Aboriginals should have normal homes like everyone, but they cannot regain their rule over the land, unfortunately. They will have to find a different identity and forget ruling the nation. Of course they can partake in the government, but they can't change the government system and make the land ancient again.
Elkyriaze

Pro

I have a rather pronounced distaste for those that create debates with the intentions of an easy win. If you wanted to get something beneficial out of this debate, then you should take the challenging side, not the easy one. Because of that, I intend to make this debate as difficult for you as possible, I do not wish for you to have an easy win.

So definitions:
Aborigine: a) of or relating to the indigenous peoples of Australia. b) being the first or earliest known of its kind present in a region [1]

The case which I am advocating will require a model, that being how I wish to make the resolution practical and working. I propose that the Aboriginal people of Australia/America gradually learn the methods of government and any other skill required. Aboriginals can then slowly start replacing candidates for office in U.S and Canadian Parliaments and eventually have the majority of numbers in the leadership positions. Note that while the topic says that the government be given to Aborigines, there are some things that I wish to be made specific:
1) The purpose of the government being given to Aborigines is to allow them control of it. Control does not require a full house of Aborigines, so I will advocate the requirement of at least 3-1 majority in favour of Aborigines.
2) They abide by the same rules as every other politician, nothing changes except the people involved.

That being said, I hope to make this as hard as possible for you. BoP is shared, unless you wish to make a resolution.
Sate your case.

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com...
divyanka2111

Con

Hello Madam/Sir,

I'm simply a a 15 year old enjoying debating. I don't need to debate with some 50 year old man/woman who thinks he/she's so smart and experienced. I don't give trash to you liking me. I would feel rather DISGUSTED if a 50 year old man/woman "liked" me. So keep your trashy personal filth to yourself. So go take your distaste to hell with you.

Thank you very much and enjoy debating like a moron LOL.
Elkyriaze

Pro

my opponent seems to prefer attacking the person rather than completing this debate. Since I have nothing else to refute, my rebuttals will be based on his last post.

"I'm simply a a 15 year old enjoying debating."
I'm led to believe you only enjoy thrashing newbies who have no skill. Technically, I am one of them. If you did enjoy debating, you would be thrilled with the prospect of someone challenging you. Since you have the side which is so easy to win on, I don't see why you wouldn't want to debate this topic. Keep in mind, I did not promise to ruin this debate via trolling, I just promised to give you what you wanted: A debate.

"I don't need to debate with some 50 year old man/woman who thinks he/she's so smart and experienced."
Firstly, I am the same age as you, Secondly, you must be prepared to debate whoever accepts your challenges if you put it up as an open debate, unless you specifically mention who you wanted to debate, which you didn't. As for me thinking that I'm smart and experienced, I'm not experienced, that comes with age, but I'm definitely not in your IQ bracket. Why do I say that? Because people with standard or above standard Intelligence's don't get into habits of thinking that everyone likes them, as you said: 'I don't give trash to you liking me.' I find that statement rather disgusting. you are trying to be either extremely arrogant, very hopeful, or just plan deluded. I have friends in real life if that puts you out of your misery.
" I would feel rather DISGUSTED if a 50 year old man/woman "liked" me."
I would too.

"So keep your trashy personal filth to yourself. So go take your distaste to hell with you."
That's usually what people say when they are met with a statement that they can't deny. They attack out and avoid the subject. But I can imagine why you would say it if you thought I was 50.

"Thank you very much and enjoy debating like a moron LOL."
This statement violates the DDO terms of agreement Code of Conduct section C and T.

Proceeding on to my case, I have already proposed a working model on how aborigines can resume control of North America. My arguments to support that model are:
1) Aborigines have ownership rights to the land
2) Current owners are morally obliged to relinquish their control

1) Considering human civilization only, the Indigenous North Americans have enjoyed separation from European society. They are not obliged to hand their land over. When Europeans came, they caused a massacre of the local human inhabitants and removed them by force. With that in mind, it would be justified for these aborigines to launch mass terrorist attacks on the American people and expect no retaliation. To avoid these sorts of scenarios, it would be unconscionable to prevent the execution of my model.

2) If China were to nuke the USA and force all the survivors into small groups in hiding, whence the Chinese would colonise the country, the reaction of other countries would be to stop China doing so, and to give the land back to the Americans. However, when America was being unethically colonising 400 years ago, there was no one there to stop it happening. The modern-day Americans are therefore obliged as morally thinking humans, to recompense for their errors and take this little step to help them.

Concluding, If my opponent actually does believe his claim when he says he enjoys debating, then he would certainly relish the opportunity to carry on with this debate. If not, then we all know he is just one of those hypocritical trolls out there who prey on the newbies in DDO.

State your case Con.
divyanka2111

Con

divyanka2111 forfeited this round.
Elkyriaze

Pro

So, what have we learnt?
a) Con doesn't believe a word of what he says.
b) Con is familiar with the less than honorable pathetic practice of only fighting on easy ground.
c) Con is 50+ years old and is pretending to be young.

If Con will refuse to refute my arguments or state his own, I will Conclude this debate, by saying what a rubbish job Con did, Vote pro for superior reasoning and arguments.

Good day.
divyanka2111

Con

divyanka2111 forfeited this round.
Elkyriaze

Pro

Extend all arguments. I don't think my opponent will show up to this debate, yippee, win for me. I don't really want to debate 50 year old's like Con anyways.

Debate is concluded.
divyanka2111

Con

divyanka2111 forfeited this round.
Elkyriaze

Pro

Elkyriaze forfeited this round.
Posted by TheOrator 4 years ago
TheOrator
Haha, I don't have time to debate anymore, but
1.) They're not called Aboriginals in North America
2.) They didn't "found" the countries, they were the first to settle the landmass
3.) there is a huge distinction between the Native Americans (even between tribes) and the Inuits, so I don't think you should lump them into the same group.