Lee001
DMittauer

Should the Government legalized Gay marriage ?

DMittauer

Lee001

Con

I highly disagree in gay marriage. I just would like to get some con points as to why they believe it should be legalized.
DMittauer

Pro

I would like to hear your reasons for opposing gay marriage. If they are religiously inspired or based, they are irrelevant, since "our government shall make no law respecting a religious institution".
Lee001

Con

Well, The bible is real as much as our corrupted government, therefore I will be using contex out of the bible through out this argument. Marriage is between a man and a woman. We will honor that commitment. We support the removal of discrimination from same sex couples and from de-facto heterosexual couples when it comes to basic, basic arrangements in terms of tax, superannuation and the rest, and also a nationally consistent relationships register. civil unions mean the effective amendment of the marriage act, and that is something I don"t support.
DMittauer

Pro

I still find it particularly fallacious to use the Christian view on marriage as the basis for your argument. Your statement, "The Bible is real as much as our corrupted government..." does not justify bringing religion into this argument. You can point to the legal or biblical definition of "marriage" as the legal union between a man and a woman. However, no religious institution has the rights to this word or idea. We must consider the perceived consequences of the legalization of same sex marriage. Aside from usurping the antiquated biblical and legal definition of "marriage", the only result would be same sex couples getting married. The thousands of same sex couples that are already together would finally obtain the legal recognition they deserve, and their sexuality would finally be validated. This idea has already taken affect in 32 of our 50 US states. Obviously, allowing the equal expression of one's consensual feelings of love is the logical advancement for our nation.
Lee001

Con

Okay lets say, the whole world decided to be gay? How d these people produce children? it talks about that in the bible as well. The point of man and women is to reproduce children and multiply over the earth.
DMittauer

Pro

The fact is, we have the opposite of this problem. If anything, we have overpopulation. Current statistics provided by the Williams Institute point to an LGBT population in the world of somewhere around 3.8%. Considering the world population of 7 billion, this leaves roughly 6,734,000,000 heterosexuals to populate. The amount of people engaging in homosexual relationships would have to multiply astronomically in order to even come close to threatening the reproductive ability of the United States. In the US today, there are approximately 400,000 children either without parents or stable families. I can quote you verbatim as saying "How [could] these people produce children?" If gay marriage were legalized, many of these families would look to adoption as means of raising a child. Would this not do something for the 400,000 that go without a home?
Posted by JayConar 2 years ago
JayConar
They gained up on you did they? It's ironic that you mentioned grade school.

Quite to the contrary, I don't hate Christians, I hate religion. I tend to try and seperate the people from the ideas, even if that's harder to do with some than it is with others.

Either way, if you want to improve your debating skills, attempt to look at things in many different ways, playing Devil's advocate can help with this.

If you want to see someone argue this matter properly, then watch this debate: http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
They gained up on me? I didn't know we were in grade school, and I could care less.
Posted by welliott 2 years ago
welliott
Seems like everybody just ganged up on you ooo. I told you, you should change your views because it will impact your future negatively if you live strictly by the bible. There is a life beyond the bible, go explore it.
And to JayConar, I honestly never heard or was taught about the radical actions of Jews. Apologies.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
Ok this is between me and Con. Were done here. Thank you bye.
Posted by Sophicles 2 years ago
Sophicles
Also you commit a fallacy by posing the question:" what if everyone was gay". That is called the either or reasoning fallacy.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
Don't assume though that just because you hate Christians that were all the same.
Posted by JayConar 2 years ago
JayConar
Lee, nobody asked for your thoughts or opinions, you made a debate where you stated that gay marriage should be made illegal 'coz da bible say so.' You were, in fact, essentially asking for other people's opinions. So in response to that:

I hate when people like you ask for other people's thoughts and then get angry when we give you the answer.

Also, for you Christians who recognise the difference between religion and the rights of an individual, good for you.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
I hate when people like this ask for your thoughts and are curious then get angry over your answer.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
My viewpoint, not yours so stop bringing all of your viewpoints into this.
Posted by WeirdWordsWhat 2 years ago
WeirdWordsWhat
Quit bringing up the Bible- Separation of church and state is an important part of the U.S.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Lee001DMittauerTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro successfully counters con's biblical arguments and proves the over-population to be negative, and the positive effects of adoption from homosexuals.
Vote Placed by Luxray2854 2 years ago
Luxray2854
Lee001DMittauerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used very weak debates, using the often overused "what if the whole world went gay". Pro came back and nailed it. Good job.
Vote Placed by Hawkeye117 2 years ago
Hawkeye117
Lee001DMittauerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave a more convincing argument as con took the route to use religion which is a completely idiotic point to use in this type of debate as it goes nowhere as we don't care what your religion says and if it offends you separation of church and state and then using the fallacy of what if everyone were gay well you can argue what if all day but right there all con is doing is scraping the bottom of the barrel to give an argument as we all know yes the human population if turned gay would go extinct but no just because gay marriage is legalized doesnt mean I well go from liking tits to dicks no its just being fair to our fellow human being and not suppressing them and there lives and even if everyone did turn gay and humans died out it would be for the best as humans are a plague to this earth and we'll we do is screw it up more.