Tyler5362
Mantizah

Should the Jews Give Israel Back to the Palestinians?

Tyler5362

Pro

First of all, I would like to say that I have nothing against people of the Jewish faith. They are human just like the rest of us. I just think it was morally wrong of them to take land away from the Palestinians. It was their (Palestinians) home and the Jews of what is now Israel took it away from them.

Was it morally just for the Jews to take Palestine away from the Palestinians?

RULES:
  • No profanity
  • Use moral justification to support your argument.
  • Use geopolitical justification as well.
  • Sources are welcome but not required.
  • LAST ROUND IS FOR THANKING EACHOTHER FOR THE DEBATE ONLY!
Mantizah

Con

I'll take it. But why only one round of debate?
Tyler5362

Pro

I welcome you as my opponent. Sadly, you did not post a rebuttal. I extend my arguments.
Mantizah

Con

Oh. Sorry. I didn't know that was your opening. There's like one sentence of argument :) Anyway, there is a very distict diference between the debate topic and the point you are debating. Even if it was wrong for Israel to be given to the Jews, that doesn't mean it should be given back. An extremely large community of Jews is already established there, and going through huge pains to expel them (or whatever you're talking about) would not do anything to right whatever wrong was done to the ancestors of the modern Palestinians. That would be like saying we should give america back to the natives. A pretty tough thing to do.
Tyler5362

Pro

NOTE TO CON: I give you permission to post an argument, for fairness sake, in the last round. Also, we still must thank eachother for the debate.

MY ARGUMENT:

I should've made it more clear. I should've said that the Jews should, AT LEAST, share the land with the Palestinians. Sharing is possible in this case. We do it with the Natives. We may have taken land but we, AT LEAST, saved land for the Natives with reservations. It may sound easy on paper or text, as with anything that was ever tempted. It will take some time, obviously. I am all for peace as much as the next man/woman. We have had enough conflict in the middle east; let's ensure that it doesn't continue.

Because of this I say to the Israelis and the Palestinians (even though this may never reach them); I urge all of you to lay down your arms and come to some sort of aggreeance when it comes to peace. Conflict is never the answer, peace is. I understand that conflict is necessary in some cases but it isn't in this case. To Israel; you took their land from them. If you really want the conflict to end; make reservations that are up to CODE with living standards and have them live there. To the Palestinians; no more bloodshed. Your people have given enough lives to make your point. Heck, I agree with you. However, conflict isn't going to do anything but make people disagree with you. I hope that I helped make sense of all of this. I hope you consider my idea.

Thank you for the debate, Con.
Mantizah

Con

Allowing a few people to live there is completely different from giving them the nation of Israel...

Thanks for the debate though. 'Twas fun.
Posted by Mantizah 3 years ago
Mantizah
Dat speech tho... :')
Posted by Tyler5362 3 years ago
Tyler5362
I thought I made it four rounds... I guess I didn't. Sorry... :(