dcarbone7
mee2kool4u369

Should the "No Child left Behind" Act be repealed?

dcarbone7

Pro

My argument is that the "No Child Left Behind" Act should be repealed, therefore making the CON argument that the Act should NOT be repealed. 8,000 characters are allowed, but you don't have to use all 8,000. Good Luck to my opponent, have fun!

I believe that the "No Child left Behind" Act should be repelaed because I think that is is just an easier way to get children through school without having them actually learn. I think that many kids in schooll are being taught how to test, not being taught actual criteria. The entire education system (at least in New York) needs to be looked at with a magnifying glass. there are so many children that are falling through the grip of education just so they can be pushed through to the next grade.
While the state believes that they are helping the students by raising their standards, what they often forget is that school should be a place where chuldren want to go, not like they are being forced to go. I think that the education system has changed so much thorughout the years, and in many ways, it is unfair to the future of America.
mee2kool4u369

Con

IT SHOULD NOT BE REPEALED
When states push up the standards of education, they want to keep stupid morons out!!! I believe that if your smart, great things will come. I wish they could be higher. Here are some present examples of lack of intelligence:
  • A dumb bully comes through the halls taking innocent smart kids' lunch money
  • A dumb person starts a food fight
  • A dumb person makes people stress because they are so stupid
  • A dumb person never graduates, so they can't make a living and have to have support by the government which makes us pay more taxes
If the don't meet the standards then they should be kicked out of this country.
dcarbone7

Pro

The argument that is stated is not to question what dumb people and smart people do, but it is to debate why the "No Child Left Behind" Act should be repealed. While you may believe that it is right for children to be push through school being forced to know things that really have no significance to them. While the children throughout the United States are being pushed the the education system, it is know making them more knowlegeable, but it is just pushing them through to the next grade whether or not they actually know the information.
What happened to school being a safe-haven or a fun place to be. There are not that many kids out there these days that actually enjoy going to school, and frankly it will probably worsen as time goes on. The amount of information that is being shoved down the children's throat is absurd. Today, it is not a question that teachers are ujust teaching in order for the student to test well, not on the actual content of the material. If the standards were made higher, the term school will no longer have the worth that it used to have. While I do understand why the government passed this, I still believe it is almost like a guide that is way too universal. Basically, I think it is over-generalized and over emphasized in the respect that the children don't know the meaning of the material, they are just taught to know it. It is like a "one size fits all" guide to how to teach to test.
The education system was doing just fine before this act was put into action, how did the people turn out before it came into play? Just fine. I believe that the states should be able to set standards, but it is the parents/guardian's choice of what they do with it. Being "held back" may be a good thing for some kids because it can then enable them to leanr the material better. I also think that every child deserves a quality education, and not a test that tells them if they are literate or not. By just teaching the children to test, and not teachign them the material, it is just letting those few children who actually don't know the information slip through the system and not know, but still pushing them up a grade anyway. I think it is a lame excuse to just keep bumping the kids up a grade.
mee2kool4u369

Con

mee2kool4u369 forfeited this round.
dcarbone7

Pro

dcarbone7 forfeited this round.
mee2kool4u369

Con

mee2kool4u369 forfeited this round.
dcarbone7

Pro

dcarbone7 forfeited this round.
mee2kool4u369

Con

mee2kool4u369 forfeited this round.
dcarbone7

Pro

lllllllllllllllll.
mee2kool4u369

Con

mee2kool4u369 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheOrator 4 years ago
TheOrator
ummm....
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
yes