feanor75
pittythefool

Should the Oscars ensure there are black nominees in all categories

Started: 1/21/2016 Category: Movies

feanor75

Con

Having seen all the media coverage on this topic, felt compelled to post a debate on this subject.
My position is whilst I understand the lack of black representation is an issue, a bigger issue for me would be positive discrimination that places undeserving nominees in the running because of the colour of their skin.
Whilst society continually segregates into areas of colour/race and religion this will continually happen, I cite the MOBO's and BETS are case points of this.
The best performances in this case should be nominated as should the best person for the job in a job opportunity, race, sex, colour, age and religion should not come into anyone's thinking.
In a way positive discrimination breeds more discrimination in my opinion.
pittythefool

Pro

My issue is the lack of transparency in the voting system so therefore yes I will argue for more black representation In the nominee voting system. Personally I no longer wish to watch movies with no ethnic people playing lead roles, haven't in a while. Ethnic people are rarely given the credit they deserve but will definitely hear the criticism. Same old arguments...its getting boring. Repay for slavery and let's just segrogate!
feanor75

Con

feanor75 forfeited this round.
pittythefool

Pro

pittythefool forfeited this round.
feanor75

Con

feanor75 forfeited this round.
pittythefool

Pro

pittythefool forfeited this round.
Posted by 8bit-chess 1 year ago
8bit-chess
Putting race ahead of tallent is pretty much as racist as it gets.