SerpentStings
seanau96

Should the Roman Catholic Church be Outlawed?

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

SerpentStings

Con

This is a debate between me and my friend in which I am against banning the Roman Catholic church.
seanau96

Pro

I respectfully accept your challenge. I look forward to debating this topic.
SerpentStings

Con

It is nice to hear that you are looking forward to this debate, I am to. But lets get to the point:

the Roman Catholic Church should not be banned, there are many reasons and facts for this argument. In this round of the debate I will lunge into the depth of two of these. My first point is that Believing in the Bible, Jesus of Nazareth and God is not a law. I for example do not believe in any of it. You are not forced to go to church or attend a service every week. I repeat, it is not a law. It is a choice that people make, and it is a choice that you should respect. If someone has chosen to believe in god then they have their reasons for doing so. Therefore banning the Church would not be a good idea since a great number of people would loose their place of peace and trust, some people would loose their jobs and a lot of money would be wasted. This leads right to my second point:

Banning the Catholic Church could result in a violent reaction of followers. You will have taken their place of peace and rest from them and they will question you. They will question you: Why are other religions allowed? What is wrong with? At the moment more than 2 billion people believe in the Christian god. Are you seriously trying to accept that 2 billion people will have lost their trust in your government. Banning the church won't stop them from believing in God, they will believe that God will help and punish those who have done wrong to those who have tried to destroy their belief and their place of Worship. The other factor that may emerge is violence, a violence predictably so great that you have no option except to reopen the Catholic Church. I mean if you take their holy places then they will revolt until they have rightfully back what they want. They want their Belief Mr. Au

seanau96

Pro

First and foremost, what you said about a violent reaction from Roman Catholics is also true if you look at it from non-believers or people of another fate. The Roman Catholic church has been responsible for an unholy amount of violence, including playing an extremely huge part in the Crusades. They have caused a huge loss of life, and have been responsibly for many forced conversions. Are you saying such an influential but poisonous force should be kept in our world?

There huge influence has made them immune to prosecution over the years. It's a fact that a huge number of Catholic churches have been responsible for cases of child molestation, and also that the current Pope, Joseph Ratzinger, has been guilty of covering these accusations up by issuing letters when he was a bishop with direct instructions on how to handle these accusations, no matter how serious.

Such an organization that people view as good should be banned, it taints minds and hold back the acceptance of many scientific ideas. Who thought the Earth was at the center of the universe? Who said condoms were the cause of AIDS, and not the solution? Yes, the Roman Catholic church, or more logically, the people who represented them, such as the Pope.

Letting the Roman Catholic church continue as a legal and extremely influential force in this world will do no good. They have a first word in everything, without any expert opinions and millions of people around the world will listen to them. Instead of preaching that everyone should listen to everything they say, they should introduce the ideas of challenging what you hear and forming your own opinions. Any organization that is against free speech, a.k.a 'blasphemy' in this case should be banned as it could be seen as a totalitarian form of leadership.
SerpentStings

Con

SerpentStings forfeited this round.
seanau96

Pro

seanau96 forfeited this round.
SerpentStings

Con

SerpentStings forfeited this round.
seanau96

Pro

seanau96 forfeited this round.
SerpentStings

Con

SerpentStings forfeited this round.
seanau96

Pro

seanau96 forfeited this round.
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 6 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
I don't even consider Roman Catholics christians, I think the Roman Catholic Church from its history is a threat to the world. If you disagree look at the Inquisition.
Posted by i8JoMomma 6 years ago
i8JoMomma
this corrupt government of tea bags should be banned from office
Posted by SerpentStings 6 years ago
SerpentStings
Hey guys, I totally agree with you.
but to be fair I will listen to the arguments of my opponent
Posted by Younq-S 6 years ago
Younq-S
No, Everybody has their own way of life and outlawing the roman catlic church is basicly taking away their culture. However, some of the thing's roman cathilic church's do can violate what we call personal space.
Posted by BigDaddy07 6 years ago
BigDaddy07
no because people should be able to worship what they want.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
SerpentStingsseanau96Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)