tichytactoe
davidsondw17

Should the School's of Older Children have Recess

davidsondw17

tichytactoe

Pro

YES! I think that the older kids should definitely have recess! The fact is that younger teenagers that are 13 or 14 are growing even faster than their peers below them and need to get out. Also another point is that the older kids have more homework. It is scientifically proven that if the children have been playing and gotten their energy they will work better.
davidsondw17

Con

I have accepted your debate, and have chosen to be on the side of Con. I don't believe that children ages 11 and up need recess as I recognize recess. I would like to start by saying that I do agree that they need physical fitness of some sort, but don't believe that should be in the form of recess.

My main points against recess for older children are these:

1. Recess does not guarantee physical exertion (exercise)
2. Recess leaves the older children a time where they are not receiving any form of instruction and would waste valuable school time.
3. Physical education, or physical fitness classes, already provides these children the exercise that they require while also providing the children some form of instruction or structure.

I will leave my points at that while you further elaborate on your end.
tichytactoe

Pro

tichytactoe forfeited this round.
davidsondw17

Con

Since my opponent has not posted any argument so far I will maintan my current main goals and positions. I feel these points are enough.
tichytactoe

Pro

tichytactoe forfeited this round.
davidsondw17

Con

For my conclusion I will reassert my main points.

These three points are more than enough reason in my opinion to not require recess for ages 11 and up.
Posted by madness 3 months ago
madness
Recess isn't for physical fitness, it's for a mental break, food break and the chances to have fun, so that school is less overwhelming.
I'm amazed anyone would be willing to argue against recess, if your opponent wasn't forfeiting he would have an easy win.
Vote Placed by Overhead 10 months ago
Overhead
tichytactoedavidsondw17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Not won around by either argument which lack sources and don't really engage on substantial points. However as PRO didn't really get a chance to make any due to FF, conduct does to CON.