Debate357
Nordenkalt444

Should the U.S governmant shut down to until we can sort problems out?

Started: 10/3/2014 Category: Economics

Debate357

Con

Absolutely not. If the U.S were to shut down, we would be in huge trouble. The whole world relys on the U.S for ideas, food, and foreign aid. If we were to shut down, even if is was for just a little while like a few months, some countries might not survive. Like Egypt for example, they rely on us greatly for foreign aid. If we were to stop giving that to them for a while, their failed attempt to become a democracy would become even more of a fail, and they might go into civil war.
And if we were to do that now, ISIS would take over the Middle East. Other countries would try to help stop them, but other counties have even said that they are greatly relying on us to do something about it. That proves other countries rely on us just too much for our government to shut down.
Nordenkalt444

Pro

I would like to thank the instigator for beginning this debate, I look forward to partaking in this traditional and important practice of any democratic civilization. Before we begin I would also like to confirm that my stance toward a government shutdown would be an ugly but necessary tactic. Government is an important service to those it governs but the U.S government has too many flaws to continue without undergoing major reform. My overall point of thesis would say that we have to focus on issues we face in our society no matter how we do it. When it comes to foreign aid, my introductory argument is this: the countries that need foreign aid are not friends of the United States but the friends of the United States don't need it. My position on foreign aid is for a separate debate topic but I would disagree with preventing the reform of the U.S government just because of the needs of another country.
Debate357

Con

Debate357 forfeited this round.
Nordenkalt444

Pro

Nordenkalt444 forfeited this round.
Debate357

Con

Debate357 forfeited this round.
Nordenkalt444

Pro

Nordenkalt444 forfeited this round.
Posted by faith1121 2 years ago
faith1121
if the government shut down right now, its just like waving a sign in the said saying; 'ISIS COME GET US!"
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
All the republicans wanted to do was force government to live on the money it takes in. No borrowing. But the democrats and the RINO's hammered those who we sent up there to put a stop to this madness.Like Ted Cruz and Mike Lee. The problems we have is not the democrats,We no they are wrong on just about everything. It is the limp wristed republicans who are afraid of losing their cushy jobs.Who won't stand up to the democrats or the media.

The republicans cut 5% off the increase and were hammered. And Obama saw to it that the folks were hurt the most to give the liberal media fodder for their attacks on conservatism.That man is evil.
Posted by funnycn 2 years ago
funnycn
If it did for a year, everything would be fine. Lol.
Posted by Debate357 2 years ago
Debate357
No. I mean A BIG shutdown. Like, a year or two
Posted by Coinsruledude 2 years ago
Coinsruledude
The US government shuts down regularly.
Posted by funnycn 2 years ago
funnycn
If it did shut down, everyone would go on with their daily lives.