NickMDebate
Frost

Should the U.S. cut ties with Pakistan?

NickMDebate

Con

Osama bin Laden, as I assume you are aware, caused the disaster of 9/11. He then ran. He ran to Pakistan, who allowed him to hide there, and then stayed there until SEALS caught him, killed him, and have caused the U.S. Pakistan relationship to blow up. Mr. Frost I was impressed with your previous debate, so I want to hear you fight for the pro side of this argument. Good luck, and allow me to begin.

The topic centers around the U.S. Pakistan argument about bin Ladens hiding in Pakistan. Bin Laden is a HUGE name, but however, just a figurehead. HE WAS NOTHING BUT AL QUAEDA'S MASCOT, IN AN ATTEMPT TO CAUSE FURTHER CONTEMPT BETWEEN AMERICA AND THE MIDDLE EAST. Bin Laden wasn't even a member of al Quaeda when he died. A terrorist yes, a threat no. He was reduced to a poor man trapped with no money or resources. America won. Bin Laden is dead. Pakistan helped hunt him down. Joining into the dissent is playing into al Quaeda's hands. We've been played as fools. Stand up for the truth, calm down and make this go away.
Frost

Pro

Thanks for the debate, and good luck!

I believe that the U.S. should cut ties with Pakistan not because of the fact that the leader of Al-Qaeda was found living a few blocks away from Pakistan's military academy, but also because their government grossly mishandles the billions of dollars in aid that America gives them. If we want to see a real life example of how poorly the Pakistan government manages funds we can look to the current U.S. aid program to Pakistan. The program promises to give 7.5 billion dollars over the next five years. By last December 1.5 billion dollars had been given to the government however only 179.5 million dollars had actually been disbursed [1]. That's a 12% success ratio. The reason that it is so hard to get money to the projects that need funding is largely because Pakistan is ranked the 34th most corrupt country in the world, according to the Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index [2]. By continually throwing taxpayer dollars into a bottomless pit called Pakistan we waste resources that could be used to do good elsewhere. Therefore, because cutting ties with Pakistan is the fiscally responsible thing to do you must vote Pro.

[1] http://www.commentarymagazine.com...
[2] http://www.transparency.org...
NickMDebate

Con

NickMDebate forfeited this round.
Frost

Pro

Vote Pro.
Posted by NickMDebate 4 years ago
NickMDebate
I mean in general
Posted by NickMDebate 4 years ago
NickMDebate
Ya I'm sorry my friend posted this debate I didn't but I'll argue it anyway it's whether we should cut ties because of osama bin laden
Posted by Frost 4 years ago
Frost
I appreciate the offer but i'm a little confused, are we going to debate whether or not the U.S. should cut ties with Pakistan only because Bin Laden was hiding there? Because if that's the case I wouldn't argue with you because we would both be CON. However if we are going to talk about whether the U.S. should cut ties in general then I will accept the debate. Thanks