TheMaster_Debator
jp_porwisz10

Should the U.S. declare war on Russia over Ukraine?

TheMaster_Debator

TheMaster_Debator

Con

Round 1: State what side you are on.
Round 2: Reasons/facts/arguments
Round 3: Same as round 2
Round 4: Closing

I am arguing for the U.S. to not go to war with Russia over Ukraine.
jp_porwisz10

Pro

Vladimir Putin is attempting to invade countries beside him. When something like this happens, it is time for Obama to stop trying to talk and actually get involved so the people of Ukraine can live in peace and freedom.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

Ok well I want you to imagine this: the Ukraine was once part of this great nation known as "The Soviet Union" The people in Ukraine do not have African, German, or Italian decent, they have Russian decent. They are not fighting Putin. They know that if they begin to fight him, the whole E.U. and the U.S., Canada, and countless other countries would back them up. But, there are only small protests of the few people who actually believe they should stay as a nation. Another nation that was a part of "The Soviet Union" known as "Crimea" actually VOTED to rejoin The Soviet Union. They WANTED to! Why? Because they were Russian! I do not like Putin, but Ukraine does not belong to the U.S. The people of Ukraine belong to Russia.
jp_porwisz10

Pro

We are talking about Ukraine here. I understand Crimea voted to become apart of Russia, but Putin has no right to invade Ukraine. Obama has to get involved somehow. If not, Ukraine will turn into anarchy.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

Woah woah woah, stop there. So Putin has no right to invade Ukraine, but did he actually invade it? No! He claimed it and marched in. Invasion is definitely not the right word to describe what he did.

Also, if Putin was so wrong for "invading" Ukraine, would that make Obama any better? Heck no. The U.S. doesn't always have to get involved. We have this idea that we are the Global Police, but realistically we are not. Is it really neccessary to lose lives over this conflict? No, not at all. We need to worry about problems at home, like our 17,000,000,000,000 dollar debt. Just a little fun fact about that debt....17 trillion seconds hasn't ticked since Jesus Christ died. We have problems like debt and unemployment at home, let's worry about ourselves and quit being so nosy.
jp_porwisz10

Pro

Putin has put his troops at Ukrainian government buildings, which is wrong. It is only a matter of time until he tries to get to Kiev. That is why Obama must get involved, so he can keep Putin to doing who knows what.
TheMaster_Debator

Con

"So Obama can keep Putin from doing who knows what"

Ok really? Putin wants to reunite the Soviet Union. Imagine if the U.S. was divided by force. Would it really be that wrong to reunite? I think not.

We should not take action at the moment, he hasn't done anything wrong besides reunite former Russian nations, which in my opinion isn't even that wrong.

Losing lives for something that really isn't our problem is pointless. Many of my European friends think that the U.S. gets involved too much when it is unnecessary, and I couldn't agree more. We don't have to let many veterans die out there, when all Putin is trying to die is reunite Russian nations.
jp_porwisz10

Pro

What if Ukraine does not want want to be apart of the Solviet Union again? Putins actions are wrong and uncalled for.I understand he is trying to reunite other countries again, but I pretty sure they do not want to be apart again. In closing, I think the US should be involved somehow, because Ukraine just got off a revolution Viktor Yaunakovych, and I am pretty sure they do not want to do it again
Posted by TheMaster_Debator 3 years ago
TheMaster_Debator
I agree, as I stated several times, The U.S. (and might I remind you it is my home country) tends to get involved when we have no reason to. We do have no right to tell other countries what to do, I couldn't agree more. This reminds me of the U.N. Whenever the U.N. has to do something 9 out of 10 times it really isn't the U.N., it's the U.S. I am not a fan of the way my nation has to be the "Global Police" in this world, so I am very sorry if it upsets you.
Posted by wizza_x 3 years ago
wizza_x
A country that has stolen millions of acre of lands from the Native Americans. Killed or relocated millions more, has no right to dictate the actions of other country. We invaded and took Texas, california and other states from MEXICO! Then we have to cojones to make Mexicans the "illegals" ones in those states. This country has no right to tell another country how how we shouldn't "invade" others.
Vote Placed by travis18352 3 years ago
travis18352
TheMaster_Debatorjp_porwisz10Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro made horrible arguments
Vote Placed by Jevinigh 3 years ago
Jevinigh
TheMaster_Debatorjp_porwisz10Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side showed a great understanding of the history or awareness of the current situations, No one used sources but Con made a more... substantive argument if only one that is less complete than i would have liked.