leftwing7
Xen

Should the U.S. have Nuclear Weapons?

leftwing7

leftwing7

Pro

I think the U.S. should have nuclear weapons because it has kept other countries at bay because they are to scared to attack for they think the U.S. will retaliate.
Xen

Con

I accept your challenge in this debate.

I don't think that the U.S should have nuclear weapons because they can be very dangerous with them. If you look back at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, those were small bombs, but had a big explosion with them. If say a country was to attack the U.S or threaten them in anyway way, I'm pretty sure the U.S will try to talk them out of it first, but if that doesn't work, they don't really try to figure out a way to easily come in peace with them. The U.S will just drop a bomb and cause a massive World War III against the U.S. The U.S would be over whelmed by everyone agreeing that the U.S took it too far in a approach.
leftwing7

Pro

I believe the nuclear weapons in the world a lot of the time help keep world peace by holding all the countries with nuclear weapons at a so called Mexican stand off situation where the other side is to afraid to attack the other for they do not want the same consequences as what they did to the other Country.
Xen

Con

Xen forfeited this round.
leftwing7

Pro

leftwing7 forfeited this round.
Xen

Con

Xen forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Jay-D 3 years ago
Jay-D
leftwing7XenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gets one point for conduct, since he forfeited only one round. In my opinion, no side made "convincing" arguments. No sources were used either.