Abcfox
miguel_almeida

Should the U.S. intervene in future or current genocides?

Abcfox

Pro

Even though it's not always the United States duty, I think someone has to stand up and it seems the U.S. is more willing than others. In the Rwandan genocide the Hutu primarily used machetes to commit mass murder and seemingly any military could have stopped them by intervening which could have saved thousands yet no one directly attempted to stop the Hutu.
miguel_almeida

Con

well, since i am also new, i guess this will be a noobs debate kkkkkkkk
so, i will defend the idea that the us is not the intervene in future or curent genocides. just one question, are this genocides inside the us, or outside of it?
Abcfox

Pro

Abcfox forfeited this round.
miguel_almeida

Con

miguel_almeida forfeited this round.
Abcfox

Pro

Abcfox forfeited this round.
miguel_almeida

Con

miguel_almeida forfeited this round.
Posted by IMadeYouReadThis 2 years ago
IMadeYouReadThis
There was a genocide convention in 1948 that decided that as of 1951 all countries that agreed to the terms have to abide by them. The terms were that if a particular conflict was officially recognized that it is also recognized as a crime and that all countries that ratified this must intervene. The US is one of those countries.
Posted by Abcfox 2 years ago
Abcfox
I'm new to this site so I'm not entirely sure how the system works but I guess Round 1 would be opening arguments, Round 2 is rebuttal or questioning the other side and Round 3 is closing arguments. You can use any evidence you see fit. I'm not sure what else should be included as of now
Posted by miguel_almeida 2 years ago
miguel_almeida
is there any rules for the debate?