EthanLiddell
SnaxAttack

Should the UK have armed police?

SnaxAttack

EthanLiddell

Con

I want to hear what other people have to say and if they think the UK should have armed police like America.Personally I think they shouldn't because of the problems it would cause. Anyone is free to argue against me. Bring it on!
SnaxAttack

Pro

I accept the challenge! Good luck!
EthanLiddell

Con

Our police have tasers and they're very effective when it comes to stopping small crimes, we do not need armed police because I think that it would just scare people to see the police, not make them feel safe. We don't have a lot of BIG crimes in the UK so there is not need for guns to be given to police.
SnaxAttack

Pro

To begin this argument, I will rebuttal against my opponents few statements. His first, quoted by him, is: "Our police have tasers and they're very effective when it comes to stopping small crimes'. We must take the key word of "small crimes", and put that to comparison with "large crimes". Lets take a hypothetical situation, lets say there was a raging gunman within the streets of UK killing innocent civilians. The Police come and they use their taser to take down the criminal, but the range of the taser is to short. The gunman kills the police and gets away. Were the Police, at all, safe without a gun; or others within this matter? The answer would be "no".

If we take the range of a taser, stated under "Spartan Cops", it states that a typical taser shoots up to 15 feet away. Not as far compared to a gun, where it goes much further. And also, what happens if a big crime like I brought up happens? If it happens, we just run away or have officers fail to take down the criminal; and kill themselves? Stated under another article, "Gun Crimes goes up by 89% in a Decade", it states that more gun crime in happening within the UK. The reasoning why is because of Black Market, and Criminals always finding a way to get there hands on a gun. Yet if we have armed Police Officers, it will promote more safety within the community and put an equal fighting chance against these criminals.

http://www.spartancops.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223193/Culture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html
EthanLiddell

Con

EthanLiddell forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Pro

Because of my opponent forfeiting this round, I will conclude this debate with my opponent "dropping" it. He did not really put an evaluated, and strong argument, as well as did not have evidence, and doesn't rebuttal against my own argument. He forfeited this round meaning that her has "dropped" the debate.
Posted by SnaxAttack 1 year ago
SnaxAttack
I'm curious on what Con is going to post an argument about.
Posted by WAM 1 year ago
WAM
The UK has armed police.......
Posted by TyroneShelton 1 year ago
TyroneShelton
What do they do against somebody who is armed, ohhh wait a sec you have gun control. Im sorry, we have to protect everyone's right to go to the shooting range on Saturday, by putting schools at risk.
Posted by Atheist-Independent 1 year ago
Atheist-Independent
The UK doesn't have armed police?
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
EthanLiddellSnaxAttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture