beth_gray
BenJackson1990

Should the UK introduce a limit to the amount of children a family can have?

beth_gray

Con

I do not think that there should be a limit of the number of children that a family can have as it is completely the family's decision. However if the government are worrying about not having enough money to fund the extra babies they could cut down the amount of benefits that the family can claim after the couples second child together. I do not think that there should be a limit as the children will then grow to work and support the country whilst their parents are then retiring. Overall I think that if there was a limit on the amount of children that a family could have I think that it could result in the couple separating because they are unable to have the family they desire or the family may even move to a different country where they can for fill their desires.
BenJackson1990

Pro

I think that the UK should introduce a limit to the amount of children one family can have due to the fact that, yes as you stated they will then go on to work and represent the country but with what jobs?

The UK is struggling as we are now to supply jobs for every adult in our country so how will the country supply jobs if familys are encouraged to have the ammount of children that they want. Therefore i am completely for the limit being out into place so that we can keep the same steady population that we have now.
beth_gray

Con

I understand your point about not having enough jobs however by the time the children have developed enough to go into the work industry, the people working now will have retired opening up new job places. Also if this is why you would encourage this being put into place I would like to introduce to you the fact that new and different jobs are rising. This is such as YouTube, this platform of social media is much more advanced and beneficial to people. It can also give very good jobs to those who deserve it with very good pay. Industry's like this may be hard to get in to but also give more jobs to those who work hard to earn it.
BenJackson1990

Pro

But what about the money that the government give to familys for the support of their children, the government doesn't have enough money to put towards things like the NHS. How will the government fund the parents if they are allowed to have as many children as they wanted, this would surely make some people eager to have as many as they can just so that they can claim the most amount of benefits from this.

I agree with your point about the new jobs as I did not realize that company's like that were giving people the opportunity to have a job like that.
beth_gray

Con

As I said in my first post, according to the Office for National Statistics all family's in the UK have 18,601 between them. So if the government was short with the amount of money that they were giving to family's after their first 2 children they can then lower the amount of money that is being given to the family if they decide to have more children. Therefore I completely think that if the government think that having no limit on how many children a family can have is a problem, in reality the problem is the government thinking that and not finding an alternative to make sure that everything is fair and will work out best for the country.
BenJackson1990

Pro

BenJackson1990 forfeited this round.