ryan15
dsjpk5

Should the US leave the TTP The Trans-Pacific Partnership

ryan15 has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

ryan15

Pro

There are several arguments poining at the potential risks linked to the implementation of TPP:

There are fears over the impact TPP may have on certain products and services in member countries and some campaign groups have raised concerns about the impact such a wide-ranging agreement may have on intellectual property laws and patent enforcement. The fear the deal may extend the scope of patents in sectors such a medicine and prevent the distribution of generic drugs.
Leaked documents from TPP negotiations reveals that the deal would even empower foreign corporations to skirt domestic courts and directly challenge our health, environmental and other public interest policies before extrajudicial foreign tribunals. Consequently our national democracies would be undermined. The Canadian social activist Naomi Klein goes further and claims: R03;"The Trans-Pacific Partnership or TPP"has been called 'NAFTA on steroids.' It"s the latest and largest in a series of international agreements that have attacked working women and men, fuelled mindless and carbon-intensive consumption, and prevented governments from enforcing their own laws to cut greenhouse gas emissions."
Finally, a major criticism is that it is currently being negotiated behind closed doors by officials from the United States and 11 the other countries. The lack of transparency and accountability in these highly important negotiations makes very difficult for some stakeholders and experts to provide any input in the process.
dsjpk5

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate. I also am glad to see Lannan will be the sole judge. He is well known on this website as fair and impartial.

PLAGIARISM

My opponent has plagiarized his/her entire first round argument from the following website:

https://netivist.org...

I am sure Lannan will consider this heavily as he decides who has won this debate.
Posted by lannan13 2 weeks ago
lannan13
Definately, I checked out the source and it's word for word C&P from the entire "Case Against" section.
Posted by lannan13 2 weeks ago
lannan13