Hawkeye117
T5seconds

Should the US pull out our military force from foreign soil except South Korea and Japan

T5seconds

Hawkeye117

Pro

This argument is like what it says should the US government pull out of foreign soil like Germany, Brittan, France etc. Everywhere but South Korea and Japan First round is conformation and please be logical and bring up valid points
T5seconds

Con

I'll accept this debate, as you made the assessment and said nothing to the contrary I'm guessing you accept the burden of proof. I hope this will be alot of fun!
Hawkeye117

Pro

Ok before we start I just want to say I am not anti-war or anti military I'm actually planning on joining the US military soon so I just want that to be apparent I am not against the military or against military action to aid other countries in need. I just want to get another persons point of view on this subject; I believe that the US is right to aid foreign countries but the image of the US is skewed the world sees us as killers and a country that does nothing but invade countries and are only self interested and egotistical the US invades countries for a reason like protecting Kuwait from Iraq even though they offered us a huge deal on oil but we denied it in order to protect the Kuwaitis we later went back to Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11 to fight Al Quedia after they confirmed that they orchestrated the attack on the twin towers, the pentagon, and the Philadelphia flight yes I think the war in the middle east is correct as were the only country as of now protecting middle east oil and were fighting the enemy on there soil so they don't attack us here. That all being said the world has a sour view of America now we are not well liked around the world many people call us martyrs and invaders and that we should just step away. I believe that America should just remove our presence from the world except for south Korea because technically there still at war and if we pull out millions would die with in a couple of days and also Japan just because there are really the only non nuclear nation in that region and if we were to pull out they would have to build up nuclear weapons to assure M.A.D but it its self could cause a nuclear attack on Japan but our bases in the Philippines Afghanistan Germany, Brittan etc is just rediculace Brittan, Germany, France all have huge military that can protect them selves and can fight/ intervene if need be so why is America still in Europe they can defend them selves, the cold war is over and were wasting money for our bases over there and in Afghanistan were still fighting the Taliban and Al Qudia and all but if were so worried about protecting our selves why don't we just pull our troops out and reduce the military budget enough so we can defend our selves if need be but us that money to fix our economy build up or defence at home improve living conditions make medical break through find/ make new renewable no waste energy source (nuclear fusion) and let the world take care of its self if something like Yugoslavia happens again let Brittan or France or Germany handle it we've done it for too long a lot of people in the world hate us and our economy is terrible we need to fix these things and I think that can be achieved with what I propose but that just my thought I cant wait to hear your side con
T5seconds

Con

T5seconds forfeited this round.
Hawkeye117

Pro

So as you can see my opponent is forfeiting this round so i well not make another argument for my case and hopefully he well return to debate me next round
T5seconds

Con

Sorry about that, not having internet at home can really cut into you on this site. Ill go ahead and say I actually think we SHOULD pull them out, but I wanted to do this for the sake of argument.

One may ask why we have so many troops in Germany and France, and to answer this question one must really look at the geopolitical situation. Currently in Europe we have a economic powerhouse that has twice tried to turn its economic power into political power, and both times American's have involved itself in the war with this powerhouse. We keep more troops in Germany more than anywhere else in the world, including most middle eastern countries, simply for the fact that Germany is an "unreliable partner" (the reason it's been monitored so much http://www.bbc.com...) that in itself is capable of pulling great weight in the EU. (http://www.investopedia.com...) What happens in Europe affects American markets, which makes America hesitant to do something like "pull out" of Europe and risk all that economic interest. The idea of bringing morality into it is silly. The Nazi's didn't think they were the bad guys, they rationalized all they were doing. As did most kings and elected officials throughout history, "protection" is just a causes belli, and while this sounds as an argument for the other side, in reality, American officials are elected to protect America. The idea that we can look at it and say "We do it for freedom!" Is really so the American people can stomach the hard necessity of what it takes to run a country. It takes boots on the ground, and when you run a world wide empire, like America, you need lots of boots on many different grounds.
Hawkeye117

Pro

Hawkeye117 forfeited this round.
T5seconds

Con

I would hope your not doing this for me! See soon man, I hope.
Hawkeye117

Pro

Hawkeye117 forfeited this round.
T5seconds

Con

T5seconds forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
Hawkeye117T5secondsTied
Reasons for voting decision: The arguments on both sided we're roughly the same, however both were incomplete due to forfeiting. Con wins source points.