Maddie743
theCanadianpolar-bear

Should the USA and Canada unite nations?

Started: 4/29/2014 Category: News

Maddie743

Pro

Yes we (USA) should unite nations with Canada. By 2018 China's economy will be bigger then US, Canada, Germany, Britain, France, Italy and Russia combined. Russia has been targeting Canada for there resources for many years. Canada needs the USA for there technology and the powerful army. The USA is spending loads of money on patrolling the border for drugs since Canada doesn't have a army to help patrol. At the very least it would be profitable because we could industrialize the northern area of Canada. We share geography, values, and a gigantic border. Although we may have differences in government, health care, gun laws, and taxes we have more similarities then differences which should be taken to action in joining there two strong nations. We should embrace the present and unite our two nations with Canada's resources all protected under the USAs powerful army neither country has anything to lose.
theCanadianpolar-bear

Con

I myself, am a Canadian. myself and many other Canadians share a like minded idea and have the same opinion on Americans and merging nations. anyway as this is a debate I have to give a rebuttal to your statements, so here we go.

first off, by 2018, China's economy will be bigger then the US, sure but not all of those other nations. America may have the largest economy with china running close behind in second, however, all of those other countries combined have a larger economy then the US. all of Asia economy may be bigger then the those other countries, I would believe that, but not China alone.

Has Russia been eyeing Canada up for its resources? No. The only thing I have heard of Russia wanting to take from Canada is the North Pole; but the US, Norway, Denmark and Iceland want it too.

Now onto the topic of drugs. Yes the states do spend a lot of money on drugs. certainly more then many other countries in the world. they find the "Druggies" and give a guy caught with a joint 15 years in prison. In Canada, we would have just took it away and given him a fine. this is my opinion but 15 years for a joint is a little bit too much. Canada has been spending money on patrolling the border just as America has, however, we have a more laser-faire type approach to drugs. we believe that people who use illegal drugs have a problem and instead of punishing them, we help try to fix their problems.

"Canada needs the USA for there technology and the powerful army." Yes that is one of your quotes. first of, you are supposed to use their not there. that obviously proves that our education system is superior to yours. do you feel hurt? well you can always go to a hospital and... oh wait, I'm sorry, you aren't Canadian. you can't get Universal Heath Care.

anyways back on point. the United States MILITARY (Army only implies the ground forces) has more money to spend on their military and powerful army. I have been on an American military base and each of their pieces of technology is only designed to do the one task that they were designed to do. In Canada, our military spends our money one less pieces of technology that can do multiple things. think of what I just said like this. you could by one car that is only designed to be a car and anything else extra you would have to by separate. or you could by a car that is/has also a bed and a GPS and an ambulance and A/C and heat and radio and so on. We decide to spend our budget on the latter rather then the former. this isn't exactly what goes on in our Militaries however I was just using it as an example.

Canada does have a military (not just an Army) just as America does however I believe that our military functions a lot better then any of the branches of the American military. first off, Americas different branches are entirely separate and receive separate funding from each other. the only exception to that would be the pentagon and very few personnel posted to a base not being their own element. this means that the army has their own air force, army, navy. the navy has their own air force, army, navy. and so on for the navy as well. Those branches will have a focus on their respective branch however, for whatever reason, they seem to have elements from other branches as well. in Canada we have streamlined all of this in the the Canadian Forces. it means that everyone stays in their own branch and means that we don't have to waste all this money for stuff DND already has. and the part about Canada NOT having an army is obviously false and FYI, our special forces JTF-2 is world renowned and trains your special forces. how does that make you feel?

industrializing Canada's north is difficult. even if we did merge, there so few people in such a large area of land that things won't change much. its not that it can't be done, its just that it would be difficult and expensive due to the fact that you could go over 100Km and still not see any sign of life.

we may share some geography and a large border, but we don't share values. we believe that rehabilitation, not punishment is the answer for a crime. we believe that everyone should have the right to health care no matter what their financial situation is. if it is harder to get your hands on a gun, it would be harder for someone to shoot someone else.

if we merge, many Canadians would be fearful for being criticized by FOX news (which would probably take more interest in and would have to be allowed to broadcast in Canadian provinces) for our differences. you may not think that it would be much of an issue, but even though it is mocked by the rest of the world (even I think of FOX news as a comedy channel), with it being the #1 Broadcaster of news in the US, and many Americans taking what they say to heart, it may not be a friendly relationship between each other.

in conclusion, even though Americans might think that we have very few differences and want to merge, it couldn't be further from the same in Canada. there is a reason why Americans say they are Canadian when they go travelling, and we wouldn't want that ruined.

thank you for your time.
Maddie743

Pro

Well as long as we're pointing out flaws you never capitalized your letters when starting a new sentence. I'm not sure if it's because your Canadian and the USAs education system is superior to yours or if it's just you. Does that make YOU feel hurt?

You kept asking me if your statements made me feel hurt, why would they hurt me? Emotion isn't suppose to be used in argument writing (so much for your education system being so superior) Are you trying to imply that Canada is better then the USA?...win a war then we'll talk.

You also said true concerns about merging into one country; yet I'm still wondering if you understand that neither Canada and the USA have a chance against Asia's future economy. There's no intelligent reason to accept this and try to do better as individual countries when we could unite as one powerful nation and solve many major issues both countries face when were geography so close.

You didn't seem to give any examples of why we should not merge countries, there were a few but no major examples that would be a good enough reason to not merge. Your writing was more of pointing out mistakes I made in my grammar and spelling rather then responding to the given question. I'm apologize for my grammar and spelling I was writing as I am now writing this on my phone, and with the print size and auto correct it's difficult write correctly. I was and am also on a budget for time, as I don't sit on the computer all day waiting for a debate to respond to. This is also my first debate so I wasn't really sure how it was going to play out.

Candida's military... I'm not really in the mood to be told what a strong military Canada has when they've won if ever, one a war. You believe Canada's military is better then the USAs? Again win a war then we'll talk. "and the part about Canada NOT having an army is obviously false". Well you just understated your own argument as you also stated "Canada does have a military (not just an Army)" So I guess I'll just believe the first thing you said.

How exactly were you on a American military base? "I have been on an American military base and each of their pieces of technology is only designed to do the one task that they were designed to do." I'm just wondering how this is actually possible. Possibly it was a fake visiting one, even if you are telling the truth the USA is smarter then to explain there military to peasants. Maybe that's not how it works in Canada.

In conclusion I would like you to give sited information on your research, and a intelligent reason...unless you consider you and your friends not wanting to merge a good reason. My source is the New York Post. Again I apologize for my grammar, spelling, and mistyped words from before and possibly in this document as I said before I'm on a budget for time. There a reason all the smart Canadians come to America. If your education really is superior over Americas thank you for educating everyone so well; so we can have the smartest of the smart when they move over to the states.
theCanadianpolar-bear

Con

theCanadianpolar-bear forfeited this round.
Maddie743

Pro

(Same thing as I said in round 2)

In conclusion I would like you to give sited information on your research, and a intelligent reason...unless you consider you and your friends not wanting to merge a good reason. My source is the New York Post. Again I apologize for my grammar, spelling, and mistyped words from before and possibly in this document as I said before I'm on a budget for time. There a reason all the smart Canadians come to America. If your education really is superior over Americas thank you for educating everyone so well; so we can have the smartest of the smart when they move over to the states
theCanadianpolar-bear

Con

Posted by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
Lengthen the voting period to 2 weeks and the time period to 72 hours and you've got a deal.