sunny.pujari
JCL01275

Should the USA attack Syria?

sunny.pujari

sunny.pujari

Con

Okay So I believe The USA should stay out of Syria and at most have extremely little involvement in Syria. There is just too many dangers
JCL01275

Pro

The US should go for it, because they want fairness
sunny.pujari

Con

Okay so the first point I want to make is that by going for this there are way to many risks involved. By attacking Syria we may incite a war against the USA because right now the problem is only inside Syria and as long as it stays within Syria the world will be fine.
JCL01275

Pro

JCL01275 forfeited this round.
sunny.pujari

Con

Okay well my second argument is about what the worst case scenario that could occur. There is a slight possibility of Syria forming allies with Russia and or China to be able to attack the USA if we get involved.
JCL01275

Pro

JCL01275 forfeited this round.
sunny.pujari

Con

Do I take this as a win?
JCL01275

Pro

JCL01275 forfeited this round.
sunny.pujari

Con

Well nice debating with you
JCL01275

Pro

JCL01275 forfeited this round.
Posted by sunny.pujari 3 years ago
sunny.pujari
Chemical weapons is the reason for attacking Syria. ORion12
Posted by Orion12 3 years ago
Orion12
Why would we attack Syria???? What is the point???? We are already fighting in a war and we dont need to fight another one. On 2 fronts non the less.
Posted by Orion12 3 years ago
Orion12
Posted by sunny.pujari 3 years ago
sunny.pujari
Hi Ararmer1919 I think I came out incorrectly. I am not against the war with Syria because it may incite a war between Syria and the US. What I am afraid of is the possibility of another world war. I am afraid that there is a possibility that if we get involved Russia may break that so called 'treaty" they signed and join forces with Syria and then China would jump in and it would be to much of a risk. These are dangerous waters we are stepping into and by destroying the chemical weapons does not seem possible because how do we know for sure where all the artillery is actually kept within Syria.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Con it looks to me that your primary reason for being against a war with Syria is that it might incite a war here in the US. Let me assure you that that concern is misplaced and you need not worry. First off the thing the Gov wants to do is not invade Syria. Merely use our advanced missile capabilities to soften the regime for the rebels. Pretty much exactly what we did in Libya. Second off how would war reach the US? The Syrian military has no way of even reaching us let alone the capabilities to conduct military operations within US borders. Their navy and air forces are literally gnats compared to ours. They have a much smaller force and military budget. Less equipped and less skilled troops. None of their aircraft even have the capability to reach our shores. No Carriers. And iv heard several people freaking out cause they think Syria will launch chemical weapons at us. Lol. Syria has no long rang missile abilities whatsoever. Kinda like how North Korea has nukes but so what since their range is minuscule as a get out. So basically what I'm saying is that of your main concern with a war is fear of retribution in the US them you need to rethink your position.
Posted by sunny.pujari 3 years ago
sunny.pujari
I completely agree with you. I have been hearing from many others that they think it is smart to attack Syria so that everyone knows that the USA is the strongest and the most powerful in the world. I find that comment very dumb because the UN was created to deal with these affairs and with all the issues going on the USA needs to stay out of this. I completely agree with your Point of View
Posted by GloversHonorsH 3 years ago
GloversHonorsH
I think they shouldn't attack Syria because they wouldn't want them or anybody else to attack them.So if you don't want them to do it to you,you shouldn't do it in return.But if their attacking our country then it would be different.
Vote Placed by Eliter 3 years ago
Eliter
sunny.pujariJCL01275Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree that USA should stay out of Syria. It is for their own good. Conduct goes to Con. Cause, Pro forfeited so many rounds. Neither of them used any sources. So, I take that as a tie.
Vote Placed by airmax1227 3 years ago
airmax1227
sunny.pujariJCL01275Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro disappeared in R2 leaving all of Con's contentions uncontested. So args to Con, and conduct to Con for the FFs.