The-Doctor
campbellnator

Should the United States accept Syrian refugees?

The-Doctor

Con

First of all, I would like to say I have opinions for both sides of this argument.
Con/Against: I believe we shouldn't allow Syrian refugees to enter the United States because of a security risk. We never know if there are any terrorists or any danger within those refugees. What if there is a chance where terrorists could sneak in with these refugees? What about our resources? I honestly believe that we don't have the sufficient resources to spare.

Pro/For: I believe that we SHOULD because they are in desperate need for our help and it is the right thing to do. I believe that if we don't accept these individuals they will probably die or have a hard time. If we cannot accept them, then we could possibly send supplies.

--
What are your thoughts?
campbellnator

Pro

Yes, the USA should allow Syrian refugees because it would be the right thing to do. This is because we have helped the Middle East become the hellhole it is today, it would relieve pressure off our European allies, and there are huge Arabic populations in certain areas of the country.

First, over the last 15 years, the US has shaped the Middle East into the mess it is currently. After, our interactions in Iraq and Afghanistan, taking Saddam Hussein and the Taliban, out of power, different groups have clashed to gain power. And while we had a great reason to enter Afghanistan for the tangible reason to depose of the Taliban and the terrorists they supported, fourteen years later the reasons why have become cloudier and cloudier. And don't even get me started on Iraq. Due, to the reasons stated above, it would be very smart for us to take in refugees from Syria. This would not only keep our position as a humanitarian superpower alive and kicking on the world stage, but would allow us to improve our standing in the Middle East. This is important due to the vast oil reserves located there.

Also, Europe has been continually taking in refugees from not only Syria but other Arabic countries like Libya, Egypt, Iraq etc. This has been going on since the Arab Spring. After three years, Europe is now being flooded almost to the breaking point. For example, countries are shutting down their borders one by one, making it harder for refugees to find the stable home they are looking for. People are even starting to show distrust and hate toward the Syrian refugees. The Hungarian camerawoman who kicked over the father and son is not a fluke. People all throughout Hungary and even countries in that same section of Europe are eve forming political parties to try to close off doors. This is for many of the same reasons that Americans are against illegal immigration; it takes jobs that should really go to citizens.
Also, Germany, who is one of our main allies in Europe, has been continually taking in refugees since the crisis began and is now in dire need of help. According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) out of the 436,000 stateless people entering Europe, Germany has received the most. Shouldn't America as not only a superpower but an ally do our fair share in accepting refugees. Because of our history in the region should't America have more of a role in accepting refugees.

Finally, America has a strong Arab population throughout different parts of the country. This is important because if refugees come over, they will have people who have the cultural background. American Arabs will teach the refugees not only English, but how American culture works. This is very important because the culture is incredibly different between the Middle East and the Western World. But, new Syrian refugees will also help enhance American culture. Syrians will bring over aspects of their culture, like food, which Americans will like and start to eat. This has already happened many times in our history, with great foods like pizza, bagels, etc. So, America should definitely bring over Syrian refugees because it would improve our standing in the region, relieve pressure of our European allies, and it would help enhance our culture as a nation.
The-Doctor

Con

The-Doctor forfeited this round.
campbellnator

Pro

campbellnator forfeited this round.
The-Doctor

Con

The-Doctor forfeited this round.
campbellnator

Pro

campbellnator forfeited this round.
The-Doctor

Con

The-Doctor forfeited this round.
campbellnator

Pro

campbellnator forfeited this round.
Posted by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
Are you saying all refugees? If all, I can take Pro. I think we should let some in.
Posted by The-Doctor 1 year ago
The-Doctor
While I do have opinions for both sides I am mostly leaning towards con/against. I should of made that more clear.
Posted by TheProphett 1 year ago
TheProphett
Lol. You have opinions for both sides? Why start a debate, just post in the forums.
Posted by UtherPenguin 1 year ago
UtherPenguin
I might accept this debate.