FuturePOTUS
pranmar123

Should the United States be less involved in the United Nations and lean towards isolationism?

FuturePOTUS

FuturePOTUS

Pro

The debate is whether or not the US should be less involved in the United Nations and go back to the Monroe Doctrine?
pranmar123

Con

I will accept! Hope this is fun! This is my 2nd debate! Good Luck!
FuturePOTUS

Pro

this is also my first lol so bear with me, im only 18.
In my opinion the United States being in the UN and in the Middle East has actually done more bad then good for the economy and for our relationship with our allies. I am not saying to pull out of the UN cold turkey but what i am trying to say is that we should be less involved the UN and we should put the Monroe Doctrine back into play. Whenever the UN has a conflict it always seems that we donate the largest amounts of troops, weapons and foreign aid. Why should we send foreign aid to countries like Egypt when we are struggling with debt ourselves. Our debt in retrospect is $12,790,311,475,410, while the world's debt is $51,907,440,179,023. Think about that for a second. The $51,907,440,179,023 is the whole entire world's debt. We are the leading contributor of debt in the world. This is impart because for the last 100 years we have been playing police to the world, more now than ever. In World War 1, we had no business in Europe. The Germans were not committing any "war crimes" they were not killing Jews and they most certainly did not have the power to attack us (United States). The Eurpoeans were just doing what they had always been doing since the fall of the Roman Empire, they were trying to acquire land through war. The sinking of the Lusitania was the American governments fault. The Germans had actually taken an ad out in the New York Times saying any ship found in those waters will be terminated. The reason being was because we were supplying arms to the English because of our "Foreign Interests", i.e. rich businessman. WWII was different though, we should've gotten involved because both the Germans and Japanese declared war on us. The Vietnam was the same thing all it was, was a proxy war between the US and the USSR. We shouldn't have ever been there. Actually some people have said that JFK was assassinated for LBJ because JFK wanted us out of there and LBJ wanted us to stay (this is really speculation and conspiracy but the fact remains that JFK wanted us out). The Vietnam war was one of the most bloody (in terms of American life), costly ( in terms of money), and the longest war in American history ( however our little predicament in the ME is said to be the longest by some).
All the UN does is take money and weapons from our hands and gives it to the highest bidder. The UN also tries to infringe on our 2nd amendment right ( small arms treaty/ban), which t has no right doing. Of course the UN does some good like provide the World Health Organization to countries in need, so that is why we shouldn't quit cold turkey. For now we should just relax our involvement, and start to adapt the Monroe Doctrine again. In my opinion isolationism is the number 1 cure for our debt .

The debt numbers were found on http://www.economist.com... .
pranmar123

Con

pranmar123 forfeited this round.
FuturePOTUS

Pro

I will let you have another try.
pranmar123

Con

pranmar123 forfeited this round.
FuturePOTUS

Pro

FuturePOTUS forfeited this round.
pranmar123

Con

pranmar123 forfeited this round.
FuturePOTUS

Pro

I will let you have another try.

I also blame woodrow wilson for the mess we are in today with the UN. please post somthing. i would like to win knowing i fought.
pranmar123

Con

pranmar123 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
FuturePOTUSpranmar123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Obviously, Pro wins.