Should the United States have stricter immigration laws.

My main reason for why I believe the U.S should have stricter immigration laws is because we don't know who is coming into our country and some of them could be trying to harm our country.

My second argument is that most illegal immigrants come to the U.S to leave poverty, which means they are looking for jobs and when there is eleven million illegals who will work for half the pay that Americans will this could lead to large amounts of Americans without jobs.

I thank my opponent for this debate,

Pro never stated he was talking about illegal immigrants, so I assumed he was talking about stricter immigration laws in general.

I will address Pro's argument first.

What America needs to fight illegal immigration is stronger patrol. There is no point having tougher laws if nobody will enforce it. I believe we can tackle this problem, if we build higher security fences, or walls. to prevent people from entering the U.S in an easier way.

My original argument was the American economy's strength lies in the power of immigrants. Even with our already tight restrictions on immigration, I hardly think making it tougher will benefit us at all. The unemployment rate for the U.S is 5.5%, which is lower than countries such as Canada and the U.K. With the American economy continuing to gain strength, the unemployment rate is destined to drop ever further. In this case Americans can have jobs, and we can also offer jobs to immigrants. This way our economy will flourish, and it is a win/win situation for both sides.

To start the 3rd round I will apologize for my error in losing topic in the second round.

Opponents argument
You said that the current unemploment in the U.S is 5.5% and that it is expected to lower but I don't see how considering a lot of our jobs are being sent overseas and a lot of the jobs here are being taken by immigrants who will work cheaper than most Americans.

Issues with legal and illegal immigration
I believe that immigration laws should be stricter on legal and illegal immigrants. I think the law should be stricter on both legals and illegals immigrants. I think the law should be stricter on legal immigrants is because many come to this country without even knowing our language, I understand that the U.S does not have an official language but English is the most spoken in the U.S today. This is important because how can we cooperate with each other is neither of us can understand each other. But that is the only major concern I have with legal immigrants but illegal immigrants are a different story. When the first thing someone does when they enter our country is break a major law and not get punished accordingly then there first impression is that we have weak enforcement of our laws and they are more likely to break laws. Another problem is when children enter the country they expect people to feel sorry for them and then they want Americans to spend tax money on flying in illegal immigrant when it would be the same price if not cheaper to fly the children back to there home country. My final issue with illegal immigration is that when they come here they don't pay taxes but they use things that cost government money like schools and library's.

Ways the U.S could improve on our immigration laws.
A few ways to improve our laws on legal immigration is that we should require that they know basic English before getting there citizenship. But I do have a lot of respect for people who take the legal route to entering our country and I hope we can teach each other many things. A few ways the U.S could improve on its illegal immigration is that if you come into this illegally no matter your age you should go on trial for deportation and if you don't get deported and you want to use our schools and other government paid things then you should at least pay some taxes and not expect other people to pay them for you.

I have been honered to debate you, and you have definitely challenged my views on immigration. May the best man win.

In my opinion, I don't think immigrants are the reason many Americans losing jobs, but another factor (I don't expect Pro to rebute this, its jusy my opinion._

Money concentration:

It has been repeatedly stated in recent years that the income inequality in the United States is the biggest it has been in a long time, the wealthy are getting wealthier and the poor are getting poorer. Corporations are more rapidly and aggressively buying up and swallowing small businesses, smashing struggling
startups, and using their economic might to restrict new contenders from gaining a foothold in various industries through patents and so on. Companies are becoming greedy for profit, and are offering jobs at a very low price. When this happens, immigrants are the first ones to go, because they are more willing to work at lower prices. This isn't nessescariliy the immigrants fault, but the large corporations who need a labor force for cheap.

Now to address your opinion, I do partially agree that people who enter this country should be required to speak English. However, I support taking another approach, such as providing them tuitions to learn the language so they can enter here without hardship in the future.

Like I said before, what we must to do to prevent illegal immigrants is investing in stronger border patrol and keeping future aliens from entering. There are some illegals who have been living in this country for a long time, and have contributed alot to the economy. I think just making immigration tougher wil just discourage immigrants from coming at all here.

And thank you for this debate.

Posted by bluesteel 1 year ago
>Reported vote: GarlicBread24 // Moderator action: removed<

5 points to Con (arguments, sources). Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were a bit for developed, and he provided sources to back his claim up. Pro made some good Points, but most of them were opinions.

[*Reason for removal*] Too generic. This RFD offers no meaningful feedback to the debaters. The only person reading this who could understand what "good points" Pro made is the author of the RFD himself. Since this RFD for arguments could be copy-pasted to any debate, this RFD is insufficient.
Posted by tajshar2k 1 year ago
to the site*
Posted by tajshar2k 1 year ago
No problem man, You are amazing for being new the site.
Posted by Redbaron3297 1 year ago
Thank you for taking the time do debate me I am new to this website and you were my first one on one opponent and you had some really good points.
Posted by Redbaron3297 1 year ago
Yes SPENCERJOYAGE14 Obama has made a law that prevents anyone from checking documentation that proves who these people are and were they are from. The reason this is a concern is because Isis and other teorist groups have said they will pull off another 9/11.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 1 year ago
Do you have any evidence to back up what was said?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Not seeing how something works, is a poor way to disagree with a government provided graph of the fact that it is happening. Also repetition can be useful, but not when it's done like this "I believe that immigration laws should be stricter on legal and illegal immigrants. I think the law should be stricter on both legals and illegals immigrants. I think the law should be stricter on legal immigrants..." his only concern with legal immigrants is that they should speak English, while conceding that English isn't the official language of our country anyway... Complaining of illegal immigrants breaking the law, so we need tougher laws, a bit of a non-sequitur. Whereas con kept a clean case, showing employment rate, reminding us of alternatives to pro's ideas; including the wage problem that does not originate with them, but rather with corporations. S&G: Con was better, but pro's mistakes were all within the forgivable range. Sources: Con had one, a .gov, very nice, but just one...