harrymate
Vignaliza

Should the United States intervene in the Ukraine Crisis militarily?

harrymate

harrymate

Pro

First round is for accepting and the other three rounds are for debating. Please do not forfeit. I hope this will be a wonderful debate. Thanks and good luck!!!
Vignaliza

Con

First debate ever on this website... So this first round is just chill round. I will be debating on how USA should not intervene.
harrymate

Pro

I apologize; I accidentally took the Pro side. However, I will post my argument for Con.

First of all, we should know Putin's intentions. According to BBC News, Putin wants Russia to be like the Cold War Era when Russia was militarily and technologically strong. Should NATO or the US intervene militarily, Putin will use it as an excuse to put more Russian boots on Ukrainian soil and more weapon support. Similar events have taken place before. In the war between China and Japan in the late 1800s, Japan employed her troops because the Chinese military entered the Korean Peninsula. We can see this is true because Russia seems to deny everything, from the boots on the ground to the downing of MH 17 by the rebels.

Also, there are alternative ways to stop Putin. The US has recently found millions of barrels of oil in her territory. The Wall Street Journal said in its article in March of 2014 that one of the weapons that the US has is its energy supply. The United States could export its oil to her allies to end energy dependency on Russia. NATO and the US is also acting diplomatically, holding a summit.

Finally, the US is not being attacked by Russia militarily. Why must the US act militarily when it is not being affected militarily? This would only escalate tensions and would do Ukraine no good. In the fight against ISIS, the United States is affected militarily and it has already executed two American citizens, In this case, the US has a right to defend her people by attacking ISIS. Russia HAS NOT threatened an innocent US citizen and therefore the US has no right to attack Russia.
Vignaliza

Con

Okay, I really wanted to argue against USA fighting in Russia but it seems you have taken that stance.

I will be leaving this debate because I can't write about why USA should be in Russia since there is no logical reason. However check out http://antiwar.com... it has a lot of good articles. Reading either American or Russian press on the matter will be Biased propaganda (British articles included). on the ISIS issue. America should have never been involved with the middle east. They should have never armed and funded the group that ended up turning into ISIS. So USA has kinda hurt asked for it in a way. ISIS also cannot invade US, that is a common scare tactic which helps get the population to want a war. ISIS is a bunch of local extremists who do not have anything more than a lot of guns. They would never EVER get to usa thinking so is just plain senseless.
harrymate

Pro

Thank you and I apologize again. I wish you good luck.
Vignaliza

Con

Vignaliza forfeited this round.
harrymate

Pro

Good luck to you!
Vignaliza

Con

Vignaliza forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I am with myks. Just want to comment.Should Neville chamberlain have appeased Adolf.This is mostly Europes problem. But if it gets bad, we would be expected to jump in like we did twice in the last century.And I think we did Europe a disservice by maintaining all those bases after WW2. They should have taken that responsibility on themselves.Maybe then they would not have given socialism such a big part of their culture. A freeloading culture which we now have in the U.S.
Posted by MykSkodar 2 years ago
MykSkodar
Sorry if my last comment misled you, I just want to watch the debate, not take part in it. Sorry :/
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
harrymateVignalizaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.