ChristinaS
ProWritingSkillz

Should the United State's start having a "Purge" once a year just like the movie?

Started: 1/13/2014 Category: Movies

ChristinaS

Con

Though in the movie they basically say it helps better our economy and lowers crime...... I just don't think it's right to kill off people like that . Then again it would be sweet to get some money and free stuff.
ProWritingSkillz

Pro

That's if you don't get killed on their annual purge day. The United States should definitely have a purge day. The movie itself demonstrated some of the many potential benefits that can help a nation as a whole. I will elaborate on some of these benefits extensively below.
ChristinaS

Con

So basically what your saying is that it's okay to raped, shoot, slaughter, and or kill someone just to gain economic prosperity.......
ProWritingSkillz

Pro

? Is this Q&A or something? I thought we were gonna debate, where is your argument? Yes, that's what I'm saying.
ChristinaS

Con

ChristinaS forfeited this round.
ProWritingSkillz

Pro

I am confused.
Posted by Valkyrien 3 years ago
Valkyrien
Thinking realistically, this will not happen. Even if the U.S. attempted to do so. People wouldn't just stop committing crimes, out of the millions of people that live here, there would be at least 10% who wouldn't give a damn and still do so, ruining the whole point of the idea in the first place.
Posted by Depth_Valor 3 years ago
Depth_Valor
As I see it, it will not lower crime. They will still do the stuff on other days. Also people will lose stuff. If you're stealing stuff isn't it likely that someone is stealing from you at the same time.