obliviousmassacre
TheShadeM

Should the Unites States make exceptions for the Helms Amendment (foreign policy on abortion)?

obliviousmassacre

Pro

This will be my first debate on this site, so forgive me if I'm not using the correct format. From what I understand, the first round is usually acceptance. I'll use this first round to explain what the Helms amendment is and propose my position on the topic, while my opponent will simply accept the debate. Round 2 will be our arguments and round 3 will be rebuttals and conclusions.

The Helms amendment is basically like the Hyde amendment, except it concerns using federal money for abortions overseas instead of domestically. The Hyde amendment states that the United States cannot use federal money to fund abortions domestically with 3 exceptions: rape, incest, and life of the mother. The Helms amendment states that the United States cannot use federal money to fund abortions for women in foreign countries who need aid with absolutely no exceptions.

My argument is that the United States should allow exceptions to the Helms amendment in cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother.
TheShadeM

Con

I accept this debate.

I would love to be your first opponent on this website. Bear in mind, however, that most debates don't have many voters. You can check the "voting period" debates and there are thousands and thousands of debates and most debates end with a tie with no voters at all. Just giving you a heads up since you're new to this site. If you were like me, you were probably very excited about this website but it's not as awesome as it seemed because of the lack of voters.

Anyway, yeah I'm looking forward to a great debate. You can reply to this in the comments and proceed with your arguments in Round 2.
obliviousmassacre

Pro

obliviousmassacre forfeited this round.
obliviousmassacre

Pro

obliviousmassacre forfeited this round.
Posted by whatshouldIdo 1 year ago
whatshouldIdo
You have to hurry up with your argument, obliviousmassacre.
Posted by whatshouldIdo 1 year ago
whatshouldIdo
I don't see anything misspelled.

And yeah, it is true that barely any people vote on anything.
All they do is read it and then just go to another debate.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
As long as the debate is about politics

I will vote

But Pro keep in mind that spelling, conduct and spelling are just as important as winning the debate