Metalingus
Cliff.Stamp

Should the WWE wrestler Undertaker (Mark Calaway) remain undefeated at Wrestlemania?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Metalingus

Pro

Hello, and welcome to my debate. :) I am here to have a casual, fun argument debating whether Mark Calaway (Undertaker) should remain undefeated at Wrestlemania. I hope to find an opponent who can make a valid case for a wrestler who deserves to make their place in the history books by breaking Undertaker's undefeated Wrestlemania streak of 19-0. The opponent does not need to make a case for Wrestlemania 28. In other words, you may think that Undertaker may win at Wrestlemania 28, and lose at a future Wrestlemania. The debate will occur as follows:

Round 1- Introduction, opponent's selection for the wrestler to end the streak, and when the streak will be broken.

Round 2- Case for Undertaker/Opposing wrestler to win at Wrestlemania.

Round 3- Reason why Undertaker shoudn't/should lose to opponent.

I hope to have a fun, insightful, and interesting argument. :)

-Metalingus
Cliff.Stamp

Con

"Introduction, opponent's selection for the wrestler to end the streak, and when the streak will be broken."

Ah wrestling, the true sport of kings, descended from nobler times when all the Olympic games showcased events that were competed in the nude[1]. It is unfortunate given the recent contribution from the more fairer sex that this does not continue in modern professional wrestling, but at least we still have the bra and panty match, which always a favorite of the one and true king[3], and the fans.

Now who should end the streak and when? The argument presented by Con will be that Mean Mark Callus, better known as the Dead Man, the Undertaker, or the American Bad A$$, should have his winning streak ended at Wrestlemania in the very near future, as in just a few years. Now the obvious reason is that as he is not Charlie Sheen, he can only be winning for so long, and that is of course valid, as while the Undertaker did have the Urn, he never did have the true secret of immortality - tiger blood.

But no, I will break kayfabe for a moment and make the following simple argument - there will come a time in the very near future where the Undertaker will fall, and the 1-2-3 will sound, and even the urn will not make him rise again, the curtain will close and his career will end with a somber, and a humble note and enter the final 1 in the loss column of his Wrestlemania record, and he will however leave as he has entered, endeared to the fans, regardless of being a heel or face.

Now who is this man who deserves such a win? Well he has not yet have strapped on his tights, but it can be saidhe will be a true worker, respectful of his fellow athlete, and determined to day in and day out give as much to the sport as the sport has given him. For this is what the Undertaker is known for - one of the few big men who can truly work and who understands that in the end it is about entertaining the fans and being larger than life.

That is the man who will take up the scythe of the undertaker, and it should happen soon before the grim reaper himself is no longer able to reap.

[1] http://www.bspcn.com...

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...

[3] http://www.kingjerrylawler.com...

[4] http://www.esquire.com...
Metalingus

Pro

Metalingus forfeited this round.
Cliff.Stamp

Con

As my opponent has forfeited, I will pass on this round and combine both responses (why Undertaker should lose / why his opponent should win) in the final round.
Metalingus

Pro

Metalingus forfeited this round.
Cliff.Stamp

Con

As my opponent has declined again to make a statement, I will simply note the introduction and let that stand :

"Now who is this man who deserves such a win? Well he has not yet have strapped on his tights, but it can be saidhe will be a true worker, respectful of his fellow athlete, and determined to day in and day out give as much to the sport as the sport has given him. For this is what the Undertaker is known for - one of the few big men who can truly work and who understands that in the end it is about entertaining the fans and being larger than life."
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
The Undertaker could have used the Urn in this debate.
Posted by Metalingus 6 years ago
Metalingus
Either way you prefer, just reasons (be them kayfabe or reality) that Calaway should lose at Wrestlemania. Mainly, your argument should be about a wrestler that is most deserving of ending the streak, how it would benefit them, etc. You can even just argue a case for your favorite wrestler and why they should be the one to end the streak. It's really just a casual, open debate, feel free to use kayfave and reality as you wish.
Posted by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
Do you want to have this debate to keep kayfabe or break it, I can argue either way.
Posted by Metalingus 6 years ago
Metalingus
Thank you for your participation, Cliff.Stamp. I hope to have a fun debate on this topic. This is my first debate on this site (or any other, for that matter) and I hope to learn the ropes of debate in this argument, as well as other trials that I may run. I've noticed your impressive record in your debates, and I hope to learn more than your opinion in this debate. Enjoy and have fun :)
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
MetalingusCliff.StampTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 6 years ago
quarterexchange
MetalingusCliff.StampTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited