Henrysmolen
TheHeckler

Should the World live under Sharia Law even if most people aren't muslim? No

Henrysmolen

Con

Accept first, then r2 present arguments, r3 present rebuttals, r4 more rebuttal and conclusion.

My claim is that the world should NOT live under Sharia Law if most people are not muslim and do not want to live under Sharia Law.

Definitions;

Muslim: a follower of the religion of Islam.
Sharia Law: Islamic canonical law based on the teachings of the Koran and the traditions of the Prophet (Hadith and Sunna), prescribing both religious and secular duties and sometimes retributive penalties for lawbreaking.
TheHeckler

Pro

Hello opponent,

I accept this debate for the sake of healthy debate alone. Let it be said before we begin that I am neither a follower of Islam nor a proponent of sharia law. I am American-born and was given a Christian education. That being said it will be a pleasure to debate such a complex affirmation.

My approach will develop the advantages provided by substituting the current juxtaposing and patchwork like international legal system with an exclusive form of law applying without limits to the entirety of the globe. In this perspective "sharia law" could in fact be replaced by numerous legal systems. I will therefore argue as to the capacity of "sharia law" to englobe and preserve any and all forms of faith and enthnicity, which is not the case of many of so said legal systems.

I cordially propose that we strike "even if most people aren't muslim" as it appears to be a first argument in your favor and does not respect the accepted form of debate on this plateform.

"A vous de jouer"
Henrysmolen

Con

Henrysmolen forfeited this round.
TheHeckler

Pro

TheHeckler forfeited this round.
Henrysmolen

Con

Thank you for accepting, and sorry for forfeiting the last round. I have been without Internet access during the time I had to make my argument.

Firstly, the reason I put the "even if most people aren't Muslim" clause was because I didn't want this to be a debate on whether Sharia was barbaric or not, but rather to be a moral debate on whether a religious government which a majority believes is wrong should be instituted. Even though the majority thinks it is wrong, the "enlightened" minority knows this is the best way of government and society, and that obviously people will object, but only because they are unrighteous; the same way a murderer would object to anti-murder laws.

That being said, this government which the majority thinks is unjust should not be instituted, because to form a near perfect democracy, which is the closest system a society can have to utter justice, the populous must agree to being governed this way. Humans are born with innate rights to them as people. If the majority of a body of people, maybe 2/3, agrees that a government is stripping away certain rights that they are born with, then that government is unjust. Sharia specifically, is a biblically based set of laws that governs how humans may behave, and deals specifically with punishments often. So if a majority of a population is not Muslim first of all, and does not believe in Islam, should they be governed by Islam?
TheHeckler

Pro

TheHeckler forfeited this round.
Henrysmolen

Con

Henrysmolen forfeited this round.
TheHeckler

Pro

TheHeckler forfeited this round.
Posted by adam-awk 1 year ago
adam-awk
My Friend do you know what are Sharia Law? Sharia mean Commandment from GOD, every prophet bring with him GOD Commandment for that particular era, all prophets throughout their lives try hard to propagate GOD message and ask people to follow the GOD Commandment. As Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him is the last prophet of GOD and Commandments relived on him is for all man kind till the day of judgment regardless they are muslim or not. If we have to obey the commandments of GOD we have to follow and apply law accordingly and If we decided not to follow GOD Commandments than we have already saw the results of man make law and system. Man make law like homosexuality, system like capitalism, rich is becoming richer and poor are becoming poorer, there is no justification on distribution of wealth, countries are fighting with each other, international disputes are lingering on from ages, humanity is the enemy of humanity, drugs, un employments is on the rise. If you continue to do so than only you can have the option not to follow GOD commandment.
Posted by UtherPenguin 1 year ago
UtherPenguin
Sorry, i'm already in two other debates, I currently do not have the time for another.