TopicMaker
Parthenos

Should the age limit for driving be raised to 18 and up?

TopicMaker

Pro

The question is, should the age limit to start driving be raised from 16 to 18?

I think it should, because 16 year old are most likely to be less mature than 18 year old. 16 years old are 79% likely to try drinking, which may lead to driving. There will be more drivers on the street, leading to more cars, leading to more pollution. This is why I think this is a good idea to raise the driving age limit.
Parthenos

Con

16 year olds and 18 year olds does not have a big difference. They are both mature enough to try driving, and since there has not been a big disaster by letting 16 year olds drive, we are safe to say my opponent is making an assumption on the idea that 16 year olds are less mature than 18 year olds. 16 year olds being less mature does not make them drive worse either.16 year olds 79 percent likely to try drinking also does not connect from the argument my opponent is trying to make here.
Before going on to my arguments, however, I will define some important terms in this debate. Driving means all kinds of driving, such as driving motorcycles or cars, etc. By raising it to 18 and up, this means the age for getting a driver's license, which is 16, going up to 18. My caseline is that raising the age limit for driving to 18 will not cause any benefit to society.
In the first round, I will state my first assertion about the inefficiency, and in the second round, I will state the second reason about the harms it will cause.
My first assertion is about the inefficiency. There are no good effects that making the age limit higher can have. The arguments that my opponent has made is the harms that the present age limits can have, but since those ideas do not connect, there are no harms either of the previous age limit. And because there are no possible good that making the age limit higher can have. And because there is no reason to change the present age limit, we must oppose to the motion.
TopicMaker

Pro

TopicMaker forfeited this round.
Parthenos

Con

Parthenos forfeited this round.
TopicMaker

Pro

TopicMaker forfeited this round.
Parthenos

Con

Parthenos forfeited this round.