marfensty
Ozzyhead

Should the alcohol limit be lowered to 18?

marfensty

Con

The law should not be lowered to 18 because 21 is a suitable age for the responsibilities that come along with drinking.
Ozzyhead

Pro

Since a good portion of the industrialized world has drinking ages under 21, I am going to assume you are talking about the United States drinking age.
Before my opponent's opening statements, I would like to ask, since drinking has a big responsibility that comes with it, a marine or a soldier running around overseas with a rifle and freedom in his hands doesn't have nearly the responsibility that comes with drinking, because military age is 17. And driving a car doesn't have as big of a responsibly that drinking a Coors Light at the baseball game with your dad, does it? Why, you can be under the age of 21 and get a pilot's license. Does drinking have more responsibility than flying a plane? You mean to tell me that all these activities are not as dangerous as drinking alcohol? Especially in a controlled setting, because if it's legal, teens won't be going off to parties to drink, and giving it from older family, and the older parents can control the intake of alcohol.
My opponent does not have to respond to any of the things I said. Just things to think about.
marfensty

Con

marfensty forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Pro

I have nothing to rebut
marfensty

Con

marfensty forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Pro

What a shame
Posted by graceek 2 years ago
graceek
hi