joecrab
Gandhi

Should the border of the U.S. hire more guards

joecrab

Pro

Yes, because people can get across the border from one side leaving the other side wide open. Not only will this be safer for people that live near the border but also more jobs will open thus leading to a better economy leading to a stronger government. If this happens people will be kept safe and no more escapes will be risked.
Gandhi

Con

I accept Pro's argument. I hope this debate will be an informative and enthusiastic one. This round, I will sum up the platforms of Pro and myself. For the remainder of the debate, I will identify the Border Patrol as "BP".

Pro's Arguments:
1) Increasing the amount of men/equipment on the U.S. - Mexico border will severely limit illegal immigration in the area
2) Strengthening the BP will provide benefits for the economy
3) A stronger BP will make the area safer
4) A larger BP will prevent deaths of illegal immigrants attempting to cross the border

My Arguments:
1) There has been a severe decrease of illegal immigration from Mexico into the U.S., but it should not be attributed to expanding the BP.
2) Increasing the size of the BP will cost the U.S. billions of dollars more than it is paying for the program already. Spending more money that we don't have will, in fact, weaken our fragile economy. Furthermore, the influx of illegal immigrants has shown to be beneficial to the U.S. economy, so it would actually make more sense to allow them to work in the U.S. rather than continue to restrict their access.
3) The BP behaves like a gang set at present, strengthening them will only enforce this behavior. Damages to U.S. citizens' property, along with civilian deaths, have shown that the BP has made the area much more violent, not the other way around.
4) The BP has been responsible for thousands of illegal immigrants' deaths due to advanced weaponry, scare tactics, and other violent behavior caused by "pack mentality" psychology.
joecrab

Pro

joecrab forfeited this round.
Gandhi

Con

I would continue to debate on the issue, but it seems as though Pro has forfeited the debate.

Vote Con, I guess.
joecrab

Pro

joecrab forfeited this round.
Gandhi

Con

Again, Pro has forfeited this debate.

Vote Con.