InFamous
that_dude_gb

Should the controversial app "Snapchat" be removed from all mobile device's application markets?

InFamous

Con

Snapchat Debate:

As some may know, Snapchat is a controversial app in and outside of schools. If you do not know what the app is, this is the description from the app's "Description" portion on the Apple App Store;

"Real-Time picture chatting is finally available on iPhone! Snapchat is the fastest way to share a moment with friends.
You control how long your friends can view your message-
simply set the timer up to ten seconds and send.
They will have that long to view your message then it disappears forever. We'll let you know when they take a screenshot!
Build relationships, collect points, and view your best friends. Snapchat is instantly fun and insanely playful. Show your friends how clever you can be and enjoy the lightness of being!"

So basically, you take a picture or video of someone or something and send it to your friends with a timer, and they can view the media for up to that long, then the image is locked and you nor your friend can view it anymore.
This app has been very controversial with young people using it "The wrong way" and many schools have started giving students speeches and lessons on the subject of the app, and some schools have banned it from use within school property (Who knows how well monitored that is) But nonetheless, the app has had some interest by many people in the past few months.

So, why not debate it? I will be taking the side of Con in the fact that I will argue that Snapchat should not be removed from any app market or app store, and whoever accepts this debate will take the Pro side, arguing that it would be in the owners best interest to remove this app from being able to download.
The only thing I ask is that the first round is reserved for acceptance only, just to make the amount of rounds for debating fair.
Thanks and I look forward to a fun debate!
that_dude_gb

Pro

ight real talk right now da only dam reason ya tryin to get rid of da realest app i know is cus u too afraid to send a dick picta. now com own now nikka you aint gotta be insacur.
InFamous

Con

Well, my opponent (Or lack of) obviously does not wish to have an informative, educated debate. Instead, they wish to be a troll and ramble on to try and get a laugh. So, in case I do this debate again with a more educated opponent, which I would like, I am not going to waste my time using arguments that could be valuable in future debates.
And; my opponent says that I would like to "get rid of the app" when obviously I am on the other side, once again, a waste of a debate.
I apologize to the audience for having to deal with such a person on this website like my opponent.
that_dude_gb

Pro

that_dude_gb forfeited this round.
InFamous

Con

Read my post for round 2...
that_dude_gb

Pro

that_dude_gb forfeited this round.
InFamous

Con

InFamous forfeited this round.
that_dude_gb

Pro

that_dude_gb forfeited this round.
Posted by InFamous 4 years ago
InFamous
*ATTENTION. I would like to let everyone know that my opponents account has been closed, so do not expect a response from him.
Posted by InFamous 4 years ago
InFamous
Yeah neither did I until recently, you can watch some reports about it on YouTube
Posted by stubs 4 years ago
stubs
to be honest I didn't even know snapchat was controversial haha