cwest5
dlu2012

Should the current list of possible seceding states actually secede from America?

cwest5

Pro

I think that these states should indeed leave the US. Though this will leave them venerable to attacks from other nations and from the remaining US, it will be a good idea. These states will then be able to govern themselves as they already do.
dlu2012

Con

1) First, no i do not think that they will secede from the United States

2) The reasons that I do not think so is, first you have no proof stating that they will secede to begin with. Also you do not provide a list of the states that are planning to secede. Also as you said in your first speech, if states do secede they will lose power and become an easy target. Arguing your next point, if they do secede they will have no money and go bankrupt. Also setting the word limit to 500 is not cool.
cwest5

Pro

The current list is substantial, so no I did not provide it. Also, I do have proof of the states' attempts in secceding. Go to www.whitehouse.gov/petitions and the truth will be revealed. Your arguments make you seem unknowledgable of the nations political standpoint. I'm a senior in high school and I understand better than you so far
dlu2012

Con

The fact that you are a senior in high school does not make you more knowledgeable. Also the source that you gave is a petition source. The link also does not work. Second you do not attack any of my cases. I would like to explain, if a state succeeds the chances of its survival is meek. It will become a easy target, a piece of land just waiting to be attacked.
Also setting the word limit to 500 words is unfair for debate, you can only argue one thing if you do that.
cwest5

Pro

cwest5 forfeited this round.
dlu2012

Con

-My opponent forfeited the last round so I win by default.

-I am not going to make any new points or argue anything.

-Good debate to both my partner and I.

-Vote Con