Blueangel24
elijah452

Should the death penalty be illegal?

Blueangel24

Pro

I think the death penalty should be illegal, what right does the government have to take away someone life. Two wrong don't make a right.
Disagree with me if I'm wrong.
elijah452

Con

-" what right does the government have to take away someone life"

What right does the murderer have to take away someone's life?
If someone commits an extremely heinous crime and that it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it was committed by that person, they should be executed. The state of mind that a person has to be in to commit such crimes means they the chance of treatment being successful is extremely small, and to let them back into society is a terrible idea.

Many maximum security prisons all over the western world are overloaded with criminals, and the cost to provide them with food and shelter is very high. The working class doesn't like paying more in taxes so that these sick people can live a full life.

Perhaps if you are in favor of letting these people live we can organize a program with the government, when a person is sentenced to death by a judge they have the option of being kept alive in jail, and if the person can reach a donation level to what the average cost of his life in prison would be then he wouldn't be put to death. If the donation level isn't reached he will be put to death..

Sounds like a solid plan right? Well one would think so but the problem is most of the people that are in favor of such laws don't actually want to have to pay for them. "Being generous with someone else's money" is a good statement that comes to mind...

So I ask you this.. Would you personally dish out your money to save these mass murders and rapists? If not you could concede right now.
Blueangel24

Pro

I'm not sure if you saw what I wrote but let me quote it for you. "Two wrongs don't make a right ". I understand that the convict shouldn't of done what that person did. But I believe that of the government doesn't want us citizens to kill. Don't you think they should set an example by not killing those who have killed.
elijah452

Con

"Two wrongs don't make a right"

Your definition of "wrong" is entire subjective to opinion, society and timeline. Just because you personally believe something wrong doesn't actually make it wrong. You can live in your own contrived world and believe whatever you want.

" Don't you think they should set an example by not killing those who have killed."

These killers don't care about what example you are setting them. You are against the death penalty 100% from your response.. So in your world you wouldn't execute the 9/11 terrorists for blowing up the trade center so we can "set an example" for them... OK... So what about our GOVERNMENT controlled military that kills people everyday? Should we disband the military because we should set an example to the people that want to kill us?

How do you think America or the rest of the world would of fared if we had this stance in the civil war or any world war conflict... You are virtually praising submission even if it means your own demise.

But forget all of that and let me tell you.. Imagine if a murderer killed your wife, your mother, your child... or even your entire family.. You would be alright with him living in a comfy cell?
Blueangel24

Pro

Blueangel24 forfeited this round.
elijah452

Con

I rest my case fukboi.
Posted by raskuseal 10 months ago
raskuseal
I know of an old roman law that I completely agree with. It goes " eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, blood for blood." Do you know what means? It means that a criminal was punished the same way he committed a crime. If someone started a fight and knocked a guys tooth out, then the guy who started the fight would get his tooth knocked out by an officer. The same applies to murder. If a criminal kills someone, then an officer or a member of the victims family could kill the murderer. In fact, this law worked so well, there was barely any crime in Rome before it went corrupt during the split into east and west.
Posted by adam_418_1984 10 months ago
adam_418_1984
The death penalty should be legal not illegal, what right does the murder have to take away an innocent life none whatsoever. If you take away an innocent life it is only fair and right that your life gets taken away eye for an eye.